A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

I hope everyone of you is fine so far.
I get news day in and day out about the situation in California and elsewhere.

Even I, here in Germany, get a part of the bargain: it has been constantly hot for nearly 30 weeks, then the temperatures dropped brutally over 20°C in less than a week and all of a sudden, it's winter. No autumn. Still no rain.

-  
I've got family in a village in Northern France. On Friday, they'll have 12 degrees Celsius and rain. I saw the exact same weather when I visited them last year in August. Climate change is a real thing, but sometimes it's just the weather acting stupid.

And how do I know that climate change is a real thing, when so many people, including influent ones, are saying it isn't? Well, Saudi Arabia is working on green cities and highlighting their economical traits : https://tranio.com/articles/building-gr ... conomical/

The Saudis wouldn't support such a project if they didn't feel like they'll be in serious trouble if they don't invest heavily in ecological stuff and trying to prepare for radical climatic changes.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
This year my city came within 60 days of turning the taps (americans: "faucets") off. Would have been 4 million people queuing for the last 10% of the water in our dams. And they had actually did turn the taps off for the farms and in a few small towns in the region.

Fortunately, after 4 years of really really low rainfall we had a winter with enough rainfall. Still below long term average, but we're all really good at saving water now. The city uses 1/3 of the water we used to. And desalination will be expanded.

Unfortunately, other climate change problems are next. The temperature increase here is recorded at double the global average. I don't know what we'll do when 50 degrees C makes it impossible to grow food.

The scariest thing I heard on the topic is that the wwf are not working on mitigation, they're more working on adaptation.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
It's been raining in Los Angeles on and off for the last month. It's been colder than I remember previous years being.

TK
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:It's been raining in Los Angeles on and off for the last month. It's been colder than I remember previous years being.
Meanwhile, it's been raining off and on here in Edmonton this month, and we've been over freezing most of the last two weeks.

In December.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]