A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Any early reviews from people who have seen it yet? Better than JLA or Wonder Woman?

TK
Last edited by bosskamiura on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Michael & I saw it last Saturday. We both liked it; I think I'd put it closer to Wonder Woman (but I liked both WW and JLA).

Great action, plus interesting story aspects.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
It had cool visuals and the last battle was really good, but a lot of it didn't really excite me. I saw five movies last week and my rankings would be:

1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
2. Bumblebee
3. Once Upon a Deadpool
4. Aquaman
5. Ralph Breaks The Internet

By jaieo
 -  
Marquetry wrote:Michael & I saw it last Saturday. We both liked it; I think I'd put https://waterflossersguide.com closer to Wonder Woman (but I liked both WW and JLA).

Great action, plus interesting story aspects.
Agree!
Last edited by jaieo on Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
2nd best DC extended universe movie...

But it definitely had pacing, story and editorial problems. There were parts I liked but it’s still inferior to most Marvel movies.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
MrVorlon wrote:I saw five movies last week and my rankings would be:

1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
2. Bumblebee
3. Once Upon a Deadpool
4. Aquaman
5. Ralph Breaks The Internet
Good job skipping Mortal Engines. It did a good job of disguising Hugo Weaving and ... that's about it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I wouldn't be able to choose between Bumblebee and Aquaman. Both are very engaging movies. Aquaman is visually stunning, although maybe a bit over the top if that's not your thing. What I love about it is that Jason Momoa seems to have a blast playing the character, and that shows.
Bumblebee tones down a bit on a bit on the typical Transformers-madness and has a lot of heart.

I liked both a little bit better than Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, which is a great animated movie, but a tad bit on the long side for me, for an animated movie.
Ralph Breaks the Internet would rank on the same level for me I think.

Also saw Mortal Engines. While it's not on the same level as any movies above, I still had a good time, I did like the concept and the visuals. But could have used a bit more 'oomph' and engaging characters.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
WeyounsLastClone wrote: I liked both a little bit better than Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, which is a great animated movie, but a tad bit on the long side for me, for an animated movie.
I think it's interesting you think Into the Spider-Verse is on the long side. Its running time is only 100 minutes. Which is about 10 minutes (or more) shorter than Ralph Breaks the Internet, Small Foot and Incredibles 2. It is also 43 minutes shorter than Aquaman.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Jono wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote: I liked both a little bit better than Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, which is a great animated movie, but a tad bit on the long side for me, for an animated movie.
I think it's interesting you think Into the Spider-Verse is on the long side. Its running time is only 100 minutes. Which is about 10 minutes (or more) shorter than Ralph Breaks the Internet, Small Foot and Incredibles 2. It is also 43 minutes shorter than Aquaman.
It's also in the sweet spot for syndication.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
Hmm, maybe it was a perception thing. Felt I was in the cinema for a long time, but they showed many more (Christmas) commercials than usual, so that might have put me in a slightly less receptive mindset :D
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]