A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 159 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Anyone have favorite games that aren't officially Star Trek, but... come on, they're Star Trek:

FTL immediately jumps to mind, but everyone knows about it.

Another one that may not be so well known is Redshirt:

Take a store brand version of DS9, make it so you're playing as some random rankless scrub that just got assigned there, have you control your day through usage of social media known as "Spacebook", and have everyone around be the neediest bunch you've ever met, and you have Redshirt.

Basically, in the main mode, you have to work up the ranks while managing your social life while hearing rumors that something bad is common. There's also a sandbox mode in which you just play through indefinitely.

I'm just glad a patch removed a bit that could be annoying: If you didn't invite a close friend to an event because they were busy, they still got unhappy at you for not being invited.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Octodad: Dadliest Catch is on Steam for $1 today. It's definitely more than worth it for that price.

It's weird. You're an octopus pretending to be a human and so you have to get through the various levels flailing about and knocking a lot of stuff over. If you like random funny games, it's right up your alley.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Oh, that's a good deal. Daughter will enjoy. Bought. Thanks.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote:Octodad: Dadliest Catch is on Steam for $1 today. It's definitely more than worth it for that price.

It's weird. You're an octopus pretending to be a human and so you have to get through the various levels flailing about and knocking a lot of stuff over. If you like random funny games, it's right up your alley.
I mentioned it to my husband and he told me we already own it courtesy of a bundle some time in the past.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
jadziadax8 wrote:I mentioned it to my husband and he told me we already own it courtesy of a bundle some time in the past.
Yeah, I've been surprised to find out I already owned a game courtesy of a bundle a few times myself. ;)

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Looks like I'm late to the party on this one. Anyway here's some of the stuff I like to spend my free time doing.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Grand Turismo is pretty awesome.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
 -  
Community Contributor
My Myst Kickstarter package finally arrived (stupid customs, stupid Canada Post strike), so now it's time to play through the games again - hopefully with the kid, who hasn't played them yet.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
monty42 wrote:Looks like I'm late to the party on this one. Anyway here's some of the stuff I like to spend my free time doing.
Wow, totally caught by surprise there! I didn't notice you liked racing even after the 300 FB posts. :D

Personally, I can't even steer a Disney Infinity go cart. :shifty:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
T-Ricks wrote:Personally, I can't even steer a Disney Infinity go cart. :shifty:
I'm still confused as to why Dash of The Incredibles can't race without a car.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
T-Ricks wrote:
monty42 wrote:Looks like I'm late to the party on this one. Anyway here's some of the stuff I like to spend my free time doing.
Wow, totally caught by surprise there! I didn't notice you liked racing even after the 300 FB posts. :D

Personally, I can't even steer a Disney Infinity go cart. :shifty:
This was just for the benefit of the people who don't follow me on facebook and also for the people who do follow me on facebook but have blocked me because they're annoyed of my constant posts about racing. :wink:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
PSA: If you have Amazon Prime, make sure you sign up for Twitch Prime, which is a free benefit of the former.

If nothing else, it offers 4 free games (and compilations often count as at least one of the games) a month, and like the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection and Xbox Live Games With Gold programs, once you've registered a title, it's yours to download forever. I think (but am not sure) that unlike those two programs, you don't even have to keep a membership current.

There have been some pretty decent games in there, most notably Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition. They also have free packs for various F2P games.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The Sims 4 Standard Edition is free for the next week... at least, as long as you don't have issues with having Origin on your PC. https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/ ... the-sims-4
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:The Sims 4 Standard Edition is free for the next week... at least, as long as you don't have issues with having Origin on your PC. https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/ ... the-sims-4
I don't mind having Origin on the machine - I just don't let it autostart (or keep running after I'm done.)

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]