A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 159 posts
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason Epic is installed on my machine.

As an aside, Playnite is a lovely program that consolidates all your various Steam/Epic/GoG/Twitch/etc etc libraries into one combined launcher, which is great for not having to remember which platform the game you wanted is on, and less great for reminding you that you accidentally got the same game twice on different platforms. (Or in the case of some free/bundles, three, four times...)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I shocked myself the other day. I actually bought a game from them. For money.

As far as PC goes, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 was an Epic Store exclusive, so I bought it on there.

And yeah, GOG is supposed to be able to support showing multiple libraries at once through GOG Galaxy, but it has issues, including tending to choke on massive collections like my Steam library.
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:22 pm I shocked myself the other day. I actually bought a game from them. For money.

As far as PC goes, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 was an Epic Store exclusive, so I bought it on there.
I was tempted by Borderlands 3, but I had so much backlog I just waited. And it all worked out OK. (Outer Wilds was harder to wait for, but still did. Waiting to hear that Epic's store has sorted it's issues out.)
And yeah, GOG is supposed to be able to support showing multiple libraries at once through GOG Galaxy, but it has issues, including tending to choke on massive collections like my Steam library.
Playnite hasn't had any problems at all. Also has a lovely feature where you can just mark games hidden, to get rid of those pesky copies, in addition to marking them "complete" or "abandoned" to filter down to the hundreds of games I still need to play.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Has anyone here jumped on the Among Us train?

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:36 am Has anyone here jumped on the Among Us train?
Yeah, I am a big fan but haven't played in a while. You really need a good group, I hate when the game dissolves into shouting over each other and random guessing.
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:03 am
PantsOfTheTalShiar wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:36 am Has anyone here jumped on the Among Us train?
Yeah, I am a big fan but haven't played in a while. You really need a good group, I hate when the game dissolves into shouting over each other and random guessing.
Just grabbed it today. It's interesting. Died once, got incorrectly spaced once. :)
 -  
Community Contributor
So, I was reminded last night that I own Artemis SBS, and it looks like it supports eight ships now? Has anyone ever done a big online flotilla / fleet thingy with it?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I just recently got it and instantly got way into it.

Just has a game this morning where I was the Impostor, got witnessed killing someone, reported the body myself, bluffed my way into them killing the witness and then basically won because they forgot that a guy who wasn't the Impostor outright said they saw me kill someone and got caught up with other suspects.

In the final vote before my win, I didn't get a single vote against me.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
My son is obsessed with Among Us. The 5yo daughter has also played it, but she keeps getting called the imposter because she can't read and is therefore sus.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
In the end, we're all sus. :)
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I just played my first games of Among Us recently. A friend's tween daughter dressed up as the white player with a stack of eggs on her helmet. I love a good social deduction game.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I am tempted to play. I might be better at it than Werewolf, since your real face is never shown. My face is all tell. :x

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
One of my Discord servers keeps having games of it, might have to learn at some point.

Tomorrow night will be seeing if we can get an order in for a PS5 since we missed the pre-orders, will see how that goes! If not, that's ok too, will wait on bundles.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Personally, I'm planning to wait until the 2nd models come out for the new consoles before considering them. They tend to be cheaper and all the bugs have been worked out.

This decision is helped by the fact that I upgraded to a pretty sweet gaming PC this year, so I'm able to play a lot on that.
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:32 pm I am tempted to play. I might be better at it than Werewolf, since your real face is never shown. My face is all tell. :x
It does play better with Discord voice, though - I find the chat-only games devolve quickly into Fastest Typer Wins.

Also am *severely* hooked on Hades right now. The 45-min per run length is perfect, and the plot comes out at a pretty satisfying rate. (And the voice acting is pretty on point. A lot of good laughs in there.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation