A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 159 posts

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I enjoyed that game. Lootboxes didn't bother me (easy to resist) and they are gone now anyway. :thumbsup:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
If you like open world games with a sense of humor and somehow haven't already played these, Fanatical right now has Saints Row the Third: The Full Package and Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition (aka the versions with all the DLC included) on Steam (PC) for $2.84 and $3.79 respectively.

While these are older games, that's insane for the amount of value you'll get IMO.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Man, I'm due to play those again. SR 2 is still my favorite, but IV... man, that game is just full-on crazytown. :)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So I have a couple of Steam keys that I'm offering for free to a good home thanks to a recent Humble Bundle... um... bundle:

If you guys have read about the few of us geeking out about Star Trek Bridge Crew and thought "Hey, I want that game!", I have a spare key for it. It can be played with or without VR. AFAIK, the key doesn't include the TNG DLC.

Also, if you do have VR and somehow don't have this, I have a spare key for Job Simulator. It's a really funny game where robots in the future are trying to offer a simulation of what jobs were like in our time and don't quite have a firm grasp on the details. This one does require VR.

Both games will require that you have an account on Steam, which is free. Star Trek: Bridge Crew also requires a uPlay account, which is also free. If your computer is kind of old, you might want to search for technical requirements on the game before asking me for the key.

If you want one and/or both, let me know and I'll PM you. First come, first served. If there's no takers within a week, I'll look for homes elsewhere. AFAIK, there are no country restrictions on either key.

EDIT: The Star Trek: Bridge Crew key has a home! Job Simulator key still available.

EDIT TO THE EDIT: The Job Simulator key has found a home and is no longer available.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So I just picked up Demeo and it seems a possibly fun game if we can get four of us VR headset owners (not this one) together and want to play something besides Star Trek Bridge Crew.

It's basically a take on tabletop miniature dungeon crawl gaming with animated pieces. Seems like it could be a blast in multi player, but you have to assume no one's being a troll or otherwise boorish.

Gameplay trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqh3X9MCXPo

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Playing through Persona 5 Royal (and presumably this is in the original Persona 5 as well) and this came up. I had to do a bit of a double take at it.

Attachment does contain extremely mild spoilers, so if you're wanting to play at some point, you might skip it.
Attachments:
Modding.jpg
Modding.jpg (305.95 KiB) Viewed 4507 times

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Any old school sports gamers out there?

Off this list, I'd pick:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 ($3)

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2007 ($3)

NBA Jam ($2)

Super Mario Strikers ($2)

NFL Blitz ($2)

Wii Sports ($1)

Backyard Baseball ($1)

ESPN NFL 2K5 (Criminally undervalued at $1 and better than Madden 22 in some respects)
Attachments:
E-uapm2WEAMZ4O1.jpg
E-uapm2WEAMZ4O1.jpg (394.64 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:42 pm Any old school sports gamers out there?
Ain't old school enough.

I'll put my money on this one:

It's the only football game my dad couldn't beat the ever-lovin' hell out of.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:13 pm
Boffo97 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:42 pm Any old school sports gamers out there?
Ain't old school enough.

I'll put my money on this one:
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... r_Bowl.jpg[/url]

It's the only football game my dad couldn't beat the ever-lovin' hell out of.
I played the OG Tecmo Bowl with my cousins as a kid. Being Chicago Bears fans, they'd always run over me with Walter Payton, but once I got a little better I would play as the New York Giants and terrorize them with Lawrence Taylor.

Good memories!
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:17 pm I played the OG Tecmo Bowl with my cousins as a kid. Being Chicago Bears fans, they'd always run over me with Walter Payton, but once I got a little better I would play as the New York Giants and terrorize them with Lawrence Taylor.
The secret tech was the running back for Kansas City - his game stats were hilariously high for some reason, and you could just keep running off-tackles all the way up the field.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:20 pm
Armus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:17 pm I played the OG Tecmo Bowl with my cousins as a kid. Being Chicago Bears fans, they'd always run over me with Walter Payton, but once I got a little better I would play as the New York Giants and terrorize them with Lawrence Taylor.
The secret tech was the running back for Kansas City - his game stats were hilariously high for some reason, and you could just keep running off-tackles all the way up the field.
We talking Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Superbowl? Pretty sure there wasn't a Kansas City option in OG Tecmo Bowl.

I remember the cheat code in OG Tecmo Bowl was with the San Francisco 49ers and Jerry Rice and the uncoverable route that you couldn't stop unless you called that play on Defense every. Single. Time.

Then the 9ers player could call any other play they wanted and clown you anyway.

Lol broken 80s sports video games. Nostalgia!
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:24 pm We talking Tecmo Bowl or Tecmo Superbowl?
Super Bowl is the one we had. (I was bummed to find out that the Virtual Console only had OG).
Lol broken 80s sports video games. Nostalgia!
:thumbsup:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation