A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 159 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
My husband has been playing Hades.

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:23 pm Personally, I'm planning to wait until the 2nd models come out for the new consoles before considering them. They tend to be cheaper and all the bugs have been worked out.

This decision is helped by the fact that I upgraded to a pretty sweet gaming PC this year, so I'm able to play a lot on that.
I'm wanting an Xbox Series X, but lately all I've been playing has been Runescape and Dwarf Fortress, so I'm not really in a rush. Maybe for Christmas.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I'm on the Among us train.

We should get a trek players room organized at some point. I think we are all new enough to it that it would be fun even for the never played before crowd.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:38 pm I'm on the Among us train.

We should get a trek players room organized at some point. I think we are all new enough to it that it would be fun even for the never played before crowd.
:thumbsup:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I may or may not have spent the majority of the last two nights replaying the new Smash fighter announcement...

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Ooh, I have the Fighters Passes for SSBU and hadn't seen that yet. Thanks.
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:38 pm We should get a trek players room organized at some point. I think we are all new enough to it that it would be fun even for the never played before crowd.
OK, this was a month ago. Let's do this thing. :)

I'm off work for the next week, and if I don't get some games book I'm gonna have to do something *gasp* "productive". :D

Some Among Us, or Bridge Crew, or *something*! I already read both the books I took out!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'm up for either of those.

Depends on how many we get and what they have, since Bridge Crew has a limit of 4 but Among Us has a limit of 10.
 -  
Community Contributor
Since my schedule might be the most open, I'll camp out in the CC Discord (no work = I can actually be on that channel during the day!) and wait for folks to show up for games. ;)

edit: looks like I also have a few space-themed co-op games that run on Steam Remote Play Together (translation: as long as you have Steam you don't need to own the game) - Catastronauts, Out of Space, and Undercrewed.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
If you're an old school gamer who likes playing games wrong and is also a long time Trekkie, you might recognize this quote.

Throwing it out there to see if anyone can place it:

"Starfleet is an institution for adults, not children. Firing on a Starbase is childish. Because of your action against a Starbase, you have failed the mission. You will have to repeat it until you succeed. That is all, cadets."

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
You are correct.

I guess I'm not the only one who plays games wrong to amuse myself.
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:20 pm You are correct.

I guess I'm not the only one who plays games wrong to amuse myself.
I think I was upset that the game was less "bridge sim" and more "kinda terrible flight sim" ;)

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Just finished up the 2017 Prey yesterday because I got a PC that won't die when playing it. Fantastic game, and a love letter to the System Shock games (which are some of my all time avorites).

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
This week's Epic Game Store freebie is Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition.

Star Wars Battlefront II (the 2017 EA Dice game, not the 2005 Pandemic Studios game) was rightfully criticized because they got a little too greedy with their whole loot box system. And by a little, I mean a lot. But they eventually did patch it (I think the pay element is entirely gone now) but the damage was done by that point and people gave up on it.

But for the low, low price of free, I'd say it's definitely worth trying. I'm not sure how alive the multiplayer still is at this point, but there is a single player campaign.

The Celebration Edition stuff is just a bunch of extra skins and whatnot for multiplayer.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]