A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 159 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Any gamers out there? Figured I'd start a thread for it.

I just got myself a nice little upgrade for playing Microsoft Flight Simulator and some other games. Far from top of the line, but miles ahead of an Xbox controller or mouse and keyboard for these games.
Attachments:
715DU4W1A0L._SL1500_.jpg
715DU4W1A0L._SL1500_.jpg (33.33 KiB) Viewed 9697 times

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Heck yes we are! I'm an odd one though in that I don't like online multiplayer games. Which is why I don't have Fallout 76 even though I love Fallout 4; got excited at first when they were showing gameplay and said "you can still play this solo", then it turns out you still have to be online with other players around.
Also love the Elder Scrolls, could play Skyrim in my sleep; and some of the Lego games as a quick fun way for Michael & I to play something together on the PS4. We might be upgrading our arrangement soon though! ;)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
About the only online multiplayer I'm involved with is WoW, but I'm not hardcore into it. Like I might do some dungeons and raids from time to time, but only in the Group Finder.

And yeah, I like the Fallout series, but have heard very bad things about 76. I need to get more into Fallout 4. I do admit to being very impressed when I put my name in and Cogsworth started calling out "Mr. Hines! Mr. Hines!" like that was the line recorded in the first place.

As to Elder Scrolls, I beat Oblivion, but find it way too tempting to start randomly screwing around in Skyrim rather than beat it. :)

And I am HUGE into the Lego games. I've got a ton of them on Steam, and some more on Xbox 360 and One. I've also got Lego Dimensions on PS4 and a pretty big collection of that. Here are just the minifigs.
Attachments:
image3.jpeg
image3.jpeg (293.7 KiB) Viewed 9691 times

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Aaaaaand that's why we don't have Dimensions... I'd get into collecting them, and we don't have the money/space for another collection ;) But Harry Potter, Marvel, DC, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, etc? Oh yes we break and assemble those bricks!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Hopefully (if you have a Steam account), you either took advantage of Humble Bundle recently giving away Lego The Hobbit and Lego Lord of the Rings or already had them.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Also, BTW, if anyone here is on GOG and would like a copy of Fantasy General there without spending 1 cent in the current sale for it, PM me and I can hook you up. ;)

The key expires on the 17th if no one takes it though.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I got Verdun and Obra Dinn for Christmas... but somehow have racked up like 8 hours playing Heat Signature this week instead (a game I played almost not at all since I got it last year).

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
The Corbett knows. The Corbett disapproves!
 -  
Community Contributor
I've never done WoW, and it's pretty much more fun to keep that streak going than to try it out. :)

Our household is usually on Minecraft, and we're dipping our toes into Stardew Valley.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I've actually never gotten into Minecraft. I need to one of these days.

I have Stardew Valley (on PC). Haven't done too much in it yet either.
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:I've actually never gotten into Minecraft. I need to one of these days.
Minecraft is a weird beast, in that it's a whole bunch of games in one. The game you buy can be either a Big Box of Digital Lego (creative mode), or a survival-horror game (think 7 Days except blockier). And then when you start adding mods it turns into whatever you want it to be (our current server is running Mystcraft, which lets you create extra dimensions with books. Before that we ran one where we built power armor and shot the end boss with railguns. :D
I have Stardew Valley (on PC). Haven't done too much in it yet either.
That's where we have it. I've done the single-player a few times, but the family is looking for multiplayer games, so they're dipping their toes in the single player to get hooked.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Amber, can we please get videos of Michael doing all the Fortnite dances? :cross:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
prylardurden wrote:Amber, can we please get videos of Michael doing all the Fortnite dances? :cross:
OMG, internet gold!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm terrible at most video games. I do play fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Injustice. I also play WWE games a bunch. I got into Lego Dimensions too. I still have some I haven't opened.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
For a while, they had packs of Lego Dimensions (mostly the less popular Fun Packs, but I got the Powerpuff Girls Team Pack there too) at 99 Cents Only stores for $1.99 each.

They seem to be sold out, but if they have such stores near you, it might be worth checking out.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation