A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 159 posts
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Faithful Reader wrote:Will I be too openly mocked if I post about a blockbuster game? Not necessarily asking for me ...
Do you mean the Blockbuster tabletop game? I reserve the right to mock you for it. I have played it, though.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
If you mean a popular mainstream game, go for it! I've been trying to keep it together with guns (Fallout 4) and swords (Witcher 3).

I also have a few others on my list to try, like Uncharted and the most recent Assassin's Creed game.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Marquetry wrote:If you mean a popular mainstream game, go for it! I've been trying to keep it together with guns (Fallout 4) and swords (Witcher 3).

I also have a few others on my list to try, like Uncharted and the most recent Assassin's Creed game.
How are you finding Fallout 4? I've tried to play through it 3 times over the years, but every time, I get to a certain point and just... stop. I can't remember what part of the main quest it was, but it was always right around the same bit where the interest just completely waned. Which is a shame, cuz I really get into it when I first start it up again.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
JeBuS wrote:
Marquetry wrote:If you mean a popular mainstream game, go for it! I've been trying to keep it together with guns (Fallout 4) and swords (Witcher 3).

How are you finding Fallout 4? I've tried to play through it 3 times over the years, but every time, I get to a certain point and just... stop. I can't remember what part of the main quest it was, but it was always right around the same bit where the interest just completely waned. Which is a shame, cuz I really get into it when I first start it up again.
I love it! The character I just did was about my 5th/6th, I think? I do usually stop before the end as well; I leave the later parts of the main quest for last though, so I'm normally at a pretty high level before I stop on a particular character.
It helps to have the DLC- The Nuka-World and Far Harbor expansions in particular added a lot of interest back to the game for me, with new locations/enemies/etc.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I normally don't have time to play role-playing games, but I have used this time to play Mass Effect: Andromeda and now I am playing The Outer Worlds.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
AllenGould wrote:Meanwhile, finally fired up Oxygen Not Included, and hit that roguelike point of "how do I get to the next step without getting murdered by... everything?!?"
Oxygen Not Included is on sale for $15 on Steam, right now. I'm probably going to grab it to give it a go. Makes me think of Dwarf Fortress, which I enjoyed.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Meanwhile, finally fired up Oxygen Not Included, and hit that roguelike point of "how do I get to the next step without getting murdered by... everything?!?"
Oxygen Not Included is on sale for $15 on Steam, right now. I'm probably going to grab it to give it a go. Makes me think of Dwarf Fortress, which I enjoyed.
:thumbsup: Sadly no multiplayer like Don't Starve Together yet.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I didn't see this mentioned yet elsewhere. I picked up Gris during the start of stay-at-home/quarantine, and I can not recommend this game enough if you enjoy a good platformer with some puzzles tossed in. The hand-drawn visuals are amazing, like wandering through a watercolor as it's being painted. The music is incredible (put some headphones on if you can to really get deep into it). It's tricky but not unforgiving/super frustrating like games where you die instantly and have to do stuff over and over. It's not particularly long, and finding all the extras/achievements is highly replay worthy - better still that you don't have to have full completion to get a "real" ending, only more context to the story.

You can get it on Steam (both PC and Mac) as well as Switch, PS4, Android, and iOS. The bigger the screen you can play on the better it looks.

https://devolverdigital.com/games/gris

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Injustice: Gods Among Us, a 2013 fighting game based in an alternate version of the DC Universe, is currently free on Steam, PS4 and the Xbox 360 version, backwards compatible with the Xbox One.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That's a fun game.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I just recently obtained an Oculus Quest standalone VR headset, and I highly recommend it. It can also hook up to a PC and play VR games there, but my CPU is not quite up to the task.

In any event, one of the games in the Quest store was Star Trek: Bridge Crew (with the TNG DLC included). So if we ever get a session of that going again, I'll use the Oculus version.

It was a lot of fun last time.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The only games I have time for, lately, are silly mobile app games. Im playing Marvel Strike Force and Empires & Puzzles. And even at that, not at all regularly.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:I just recently obtained an Oculus Quest standalone VR headset, and I highly recommend it. It can also hook up to a PC and play VR games there, but my CPU is not quite up to the task.

In any event, one of the games in the Quest store was Star Trek: Bridge Crew (with the TNG DLC included). So if we ever get a session of that going again, I'll use the Oculus version.

It was a lot of fun last time.
We are overdue for another round of that!

I got sidetracked into Outer Wilds (I fell in love with it during their demo and then had to wait for it to get off Epic Exclusive), but holy cow that game is not afraid to kill you or otherwise punish you for doing something careless, dangerous, or just stupid. (Example: I am currently 1-for-3 on successfully deorbiting without my spaceship. )

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

I currently play these five games:

World of Warcraft
Elder Scrolls Online (PS4)
FIFA 20 (PS4)
Cities: Skylines
Magic Arena

best game ever released: Mass Effect Trilogy :thumbsup:
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]