A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 159 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well, another Games Done Quick has come and gone. Caught the tail end of puwexil's Chrono Trigger run; that was a blast to watch! Just have to catch up to there again (time travel!).

Some other favorites from GDQ:

Super Metroid (4-way race) by Garrison, Krauser, zoast, and Ivan - AGDQ 2014

Halo: Combat Evolved by goatrope - SGDQ 2014

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy by CovertMuffin - SGDQ 2016

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask by TrevPerson - SGDQ 2017

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The site Green Man Gaming has an interesting Summer Sale going on right now. They've labeled their games on sale as Bronze, Silver and Gold tiers, and if you buy one of said games, you get a free game from their list for that tier.

In addition to that, if you buy a Silver or Gold tier game, you get an "Intel Starter Pack" that has a list of 10 games that you can pick 4 of for free. One of the choices in the starter pack is Star Trek: Bridge Crew (and you get a Steam key). It's a little convoluted in that it has you jumping back and forth between GMG and another site, but I got my keys.

So, in what might be the most interesting combo for someone here, you can buy Tabletop Simulator (which a guy here is developing really neat ST:CCG mods for) and since it's a Silver game, you get a free game and the Intel Starter Pack, so $10 total for Tabletop Simulator, Star Trek: Bridge Crew and 3 more games.

NOTE: A number of the "games" in the ISP are actually packages for free-to-play games (including Star Trek Online). But there are at least 4, including Bridge Crew, that are actual games with Steam keys that don't require VR. The description page for Bridge Crew says it does, but that is outdated. It was patched to not require it.

ALSO NOTE: This is just the base version of Bridge Crew, but Steam has frequent sales so the TNG addon will probably go on sale sooner rather than later.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
If you guys haven't created an account on the Epic Games Store yet, this week might be a good week to do so.

They've been giving away free games every week to get people to sign up and it's a pretty nice package this week if you're a Batman fan.

The Arkham Collection (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight, the latter of which hopefully has a better PC port these days) and the Lego Batman Trilogy.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/ (And it should direct you to your country's store for those living outside the US.)

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For those who may be interested in Ark: Survival Evolved. I am in the process of getting my server set and running again. If anyone is interested in hopping on and enjoying the game feel free to message me for server info

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I might be interested if we can get a group. My work volume has increased by quite a bit lately though (which also means my pay has done the same, so I really can't complain.)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:For those who may be interested in Ark: Survival Evolved. I am in the process of getting my server set and running again. If anyone is interested in hopping on and enjoying the game feel free to message me for server info
Been a while since I put any time into that. (Last time it was my brother and I, and since he has more free time than I do I went to bed one night in the Stone Age and woke up in the Industrial Age.)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
There's a lot of freebies from video game services right now, but this one felt noteworthy enough to mention here. Pinball FX3 is a free to play game, but the catch is that you have to buy tables to play.

They've recently put out a "care package" free download of three sets of three tables each of Marvel, Star Wars and Aliens on Steam. To get it, go to one of the three sets being given away, scroll past where the option to buy the set is and look for the Care Package offer.

You can do that on the Aliens set here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/6466 ... s_Pinball/

Once you "buy" the care package, you'll have all three sets registered to your account.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I bought Starcraft Remastered when it was discounted to 10 bucks and we had a "nostalgia online" game night. It was fun, but the advances in online and multiplayer that were made for SC2 were sorely missed.

All the same, I've been burning through the single player campaign, and have been surprised by the difficulty of some of the later scenarios. I've even had to (gasp) restart a few times.

Definitely worth the cost, and has provided many hours of entertainment.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
A pretty massive freebie dropped today. The Epic Game Store is offer Grand Theft Auto V for PC free to keep (you have to use their launcher and 2 factor authentication) if you claim it before next Thursday, May 21st. It was actually causing their store to be overloaded earlier today.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... eft-auto-v
 -  
Community Contributor
Guessing folks have moved on to new games, so update time!

I grabbed Civ6 on the Epic sale (I mean, if they're gonna keep handing out free AAA games... :shifty: ), but am finding that having skipped a few installments means my peaceful Roman legions are getting beat down by American attack helicopters. :(

Meanwhile, finally fired up Oxygen Not Included, and hit that roguelike point of "how do I get to the next step without getting murdered by... everything?!?"

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
One thing I've noticed about Civ 6 is that other countries seem to declare war on you for no reason a LOT more. I've heard, in the early game, getting to a point in the tech tree where cities can bombard stops that, but I'm not sure how exactly you get there. And if it's Legions vs. Attack Helicopters, I really can't help you. :P

Also, if you either keep or destroy any cities in war, the world hates you forever for it, even if you didn't start the war.

Haven't played Oxygen Not Included, so can't help you there either.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I found that with Civ 5 & 6, the games never felt like I was in an Age long enough to actually take advantage of that Age's stuff. I think I ended up installing a bunch of mods to rebalance the number of turns and cost to research stuff so that I could actually play with certain units long enough for them to get to a war front before they were obsolete.

And even then, 5 & 6 were the least interesting Civ games I've played.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Civilization is like D&D. We all pick one version and that's our favorite. Everyone else is just wrong. :)
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:One thing I've noticed about Civ 6 is that other countries seem to declare war on you for no reason a LOT more. I've heard, in the early game, getting to a point in the tech tree where cities can bombard stops that, but I'm not sure how exactly you get there. And if it's Legions vs. Attack Helicopters, I really can't help you. :P
I think what happened is that I was fairly balanced between Science, Faith, Culture, and Tourism, which meant I was behind on *all* of them. Still figuring out how you're supposed to specialize, although I *have* learned that "Every other country wants Open Borders" is a signal of "Time to build some military". :P
Haven't played Oxygen Not Included, so can't help you there either.
It's quite fun - from the folks who did Don't Starve, it's an "anthill view" where you build a colony and have to manage food, water (including pollution and germs), oxygen (incl. dealing with the CO from your guys, plus random pockets of other useful but unbreathable gasses), and I believe temperature starts being a thing.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation