A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 180 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The previous version of this thread was deleted for some reason. I'm not sure why. So here's another one.

As a reminder this thread is a landing pad for off topic posts from other threads that don't really fit into their own thread.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote: In the 3+ years since the CoC creation there was little drama. Ken stepping down as OP director was the only big situation.
So are we just going to roll right past the Great Nerd War of 2015?

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
KillerB wrote: In the 3+ years since the CoC creation there was little drama. Ken stepping down as OP director was the only big situation.
So are we just going to roll right past the Great Nerd War of 2015?
Uh... it's 2019, no?

The CoC was put in after that. That's my point, where are all these new players since then?

Besides the past 4 weeks of CoC debate and 3ish weeks of Ken stepping down these boards have been drama free.

Go find me a nerd activity/game that has less drama over that timeframe.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
It's the old sample size problem. People who don't participate regularly just assume that what they saw once is somehow the norm for how it always is.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
I was permaBanned, like, right after the CoC went into effect. Kinda was the whole point of the CoC.

Now to fiction...

Fine, let's play the "John can kill new players on the other side of the planet" game.

If few mean people on the internet's "negativity" can outweigh the positive you bring to the game then you're bad at your nerd job.

Go look for ideas, not scapegoats.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
KillerB wrote:That's my point, where are all these new players since then?
Playing 1E.

I think we're still net shrinking, because attrition has been high during the years of Mirror/ENT blocks, but we've had a steady stream of new players as well.

Dunno whether that's because there's a larger base of potential returning players or because the 1E community is less abrasive or for some other reason. But my suspicion is that those are all factors.

(EDIT: As a side note, your Great Crusade or whatever happened because you got permabanned under the CoC. You were reinstated when the mods made a rules change to make sanctions more lenient in November 2015 and retroactively applied it to you. So that drama definitely came after the CoC.)
I stopped playing 2E and have became a purely 1E player due to the abrasive BS in 2E

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Latok wrote:
KillerB wrote:Go look for ideas, not scapegoats.
While trying to argue to keep his oldest scapegoat alive.
Blame me for Australia too. A guy actually killed your continent yet we blame me because they can't accept the reality they play a CCG that's almost 20 years old. And if they do play a Big Rat will smash them in every local.

This thread has too much foolishness, even for me.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:I was permaBanned, like, right after the CoC went into effect. Kinda was the whole point of the CoC.
Nine months after the CoC went into effect, and I'm sorry you still feel personally victimized by a process that took no special notice of or interest in you, but other than that this paragraph is accurate.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
KillerB wrote:I was permaBanned, like, right after the CoC went into effect. Kinda was the whole point of the CoC.
Nine months after the CoC went into effect, and I'm sorry you still feel personally victimized by a process that took no special notice of or interest in you, but other than that this paragraph is accurate.
Haha. Tribalism and masculinity beg to differ. Nugent failed. You failed. Hines failed.

The only person who can get rid of KillerB is KillerB. Sad you guys couldn't accept that.

This will all be your soon enough. Can't wait to see the utopia of new players you guys create.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
KillerB wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Haha. Tribalism and masculinity beg to differ. Nugent failed. You failed. Hines failed.

The only person who can get rid of KillerB is KillerB. Sad you guys couldn't accept that.

This will all be your soon enough. Can't wait to see the utopia of new players you guys create.
Geez and you called me paranoid.

You're saying(falsely) there was just the one big drama since the CoC but that's not actually relevant because the 2E forum is a fucking cesspool compared to the 1E forum all of the time, even a simple hurt & heal thread gets trolled.

I just hope you make this 'leaving' the forums shtick last longer than the last couple.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:I wonder what I've killed more of...

Fictional Austrian players or Fictional hobos on the road?
You call me a liar, which I will take as a personal offence.
KillerB wrote:The only person who can get rid of KillerB is KillerB. Sad you guys couldn't accept that.
See?

Shark in a pool.
No respect.
John is the best.
Screw the rest.

What a way to think. What a way to see himself as "part" of the community. Thats just so ... well, I don´t want to violate the CoC.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]