A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 180 posts

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
The Guardian wrote:Some people cannot act as grown ups. Some people start the fires. And they shouldn't be welcome.
I can see you Richard... can you see me?

(kidding aside, I find the 'start fires' metaphor and wanting to get rid of 'those people' very interesting.)

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Nerdopolis Prime wrote: What the heck??? Dude, are you serious???

Thats like saying "Lets discuss Johns tiny dick. But noooooo, we are not disparaging him as a person. No, we are just talking about his laughable genitalia."

That is absolutely delusional. Its absurd. Its insane. I hope the sentence above makes you see what you are actually trying to sell here. I´m pretty sure you already know it. So this is not only disrespectful to Maggie, but also to the mods and every other forum user.

While "people who know you personally respect you as a nice person", I will tell you that your online behaviour is very poor. You show no respect for rules nor for people. And that, buddy, is disgusting. With actions like this you are falling very low ... well ... you know what? If you wouldn´t bring troubles into the STCCG hobby, i wouldn´t even waste a second thought on you.

So I want to tell this: Shame on the Continuing Committee for allowing such a character having such an impact on our community. I´m very disappointed of the CC leadership.

Btw. i haven´t played HoF yet, but it really sounds fun.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote: Who is we? And who are you?
Come on Nasty Nate... you didn't know what my "Long Live Phase 2!" rantings meant?

You didn't Trust the Process... you stately publicly that I "pushed the game too far in a direction I wanted"...

You reap what you sow bubba

(I'm singling you out, and that's hardly fair, but there's a price to be paid when you're petty and make personality of greater importance that skill, leadership and organizational skills)
I'm confused. If you're referring to my comments from many years ago, I mostly thought your hammers hit too many unintended targets. It was never intended to be personal beyond kayfabe.

But I'm about to pull all my decks, leave the forums, and take NastyNateTV exclusively to the Dojo because I can't handle these unelected sausagemakers anymore- so I guess we both lost.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Stop derailing gameplay threads because you got your feelings hurt one time. Be a man and get over it, or just leave.
True, but you should say the same things to your nerd government.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: I'm confused. If you're referring to my comments from many years ago, I mostly thought your hammers hit too many unintended targets. It was never intended to be personal beyond kayfabe.
It's all good. I thought I cleared that up with my (comments) at the bottom.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote: Stop derailing gameplay threads because you got your feelings hurt one time. Be a man and get over it, or just leave.
True, but you should say the same things to your nerd government.
Oh, I'm leaving as soon as I can bleach my past presence here. Not worth giving these unelected sausagemakers any more of my time.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: But I'm about to pull all my decks, leave the forums, and take NastyNateTV exclusively to the Dojo because I can't handle these unelected sausagemakers anymore- so I guess we both lost.
Correct. At least you and I didn't get dicked around like Tjark last week. :cheersL:

The CC is obsolete.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: Oh, I'm leaving as soon as I can bleach my past presence here. Not worth giving these unelected sausagemakers any more of my time.
My 2E cards are now safely stored on top of the 20 year old pile of 1E cards. I always thought I would go back to the 1E cards, but that never happened (OTF = San Diego Format = No Fun). I suspect the same will be true of my 2E cards.

Until then I'll play Raw Deal with my boys until a new nerd government is formed.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Naetor wrote: Oh, I'm leaving as soon as I can bleach my past presence here. Not worth giving these unelected sausagemakers any more of my time.
This is something I've always been curious about. And, I mean the following question seriously.

The 2e boards seem much angrier than the 1e boards do. They're both run by the same "sausage makers." Why is that we seem so much angrier here?

I ask because I honestly don't have an answer to that. I'm not trying to be cute or Socratic or argumentative. I honestly want to know.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Prefect wrote:
This is something I've always been curious about. And, I mean the following question seriously.

The 2e boards seem much angrier than the 1e boards do. They're both run by the same "sausage makers." Why is that we seem so much angrier here?

I ask because I honestly don't have an answer to that. I'm not trying to be cute or Socratic or argumentative. I honestly want to know.
I've heard this "2E is wild, but 1E is so polite!" stuff for over a year now and always took it at face value. But last month I decided to learn/try out 1E. Part of that meant going to their forums. Their first page had the following there every time I looked: 1 "I quit because you are all awful and this game sucks!" thread replete with mass drama, 1 "I am personally calling out a poster for being a bad person!" thread that got locked(?), and 2 "massive argument about errata/rules that had lots of name-calling" threads.

Maybe they just had a bad few weeks, but I no longer buy this "why can't 2E players be more like 1E players?" stuff. Our issues are issues that should be dealt with as our issues, not in comparison to an idealized 1E board that I don't think exists.

And yes, I'm still of a mind that it's not a coincidence that the same handful of people keep being at the center of every single outbreak of drama here.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Not worth giving these unelected sausagemakers any more of my time.
Funny/not funny that the day you post this is the same Charlie makes some dumb post on the all staff boards because he read a magic blog and the two people currently designing sets, Mike and Richard, line up to kiss his ass.

The Sad King system hasn't changed since 2007 (despite cosmetic changes to nerd titles). And having to curry favor to get nerd work done was always a system doomed to fail.

I'm done with petty tyrants, nerd world and real world.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:I'm done with petty tyrants, nerd world and real world.
Rage against that machine.

TK
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]