A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:I don't get how during regular season you get PI called on almost anything and during playoffs everything goes. I don't mind that they call it less, the massive PI calls made the game a bit boring the last years - but today is a bit much to the other side...
I've always been a huge complainer of the different standard of officiating in reg season vs playoffs. I hate it

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I have to admit to be completely honest... the missed PIs were bad. But there were plays when it could have been called against the Saints and it wasn't. It seemed this was one of those "Let them play" crews, which needs to be talked about. And frankly, the refs were bad in general. Quite a few face mask and delay of game (how do you mess THAT up?!) calls went uncalled against the Saints.

On the other side.... WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *proceeds to go nuts*

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:I have to admit to be completely honest... the missed PIs were bad. But there were plays when it could have been called against the Saints and it wasn't. It seemed this was one of those "Let them play" crews, which needs to be talked about. And frankly, the refs were bad in general. Quite a few face mask and delay of game (how do you mess THAT up?!) calls went uncalled against the Saints.

On the other side.... WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *proceeds to go nuts*

You're absolutely right. I rarely ever complain about MISSED calls. I figure these things even out at the end of the season. Get hosed with some calls, get easy with some.

The Rams absolutely got away with a big one at the end. But the saints may not have scored a TD anyway.

As I said earlier, my big thing is the change in what is and is not a penalty in the playoffs versus the season. It drives me bananas. Either call it. Or dont. I dont care what game it is. If you want to "let them play," then cool .. let them play. The same way all the time.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Basically, the main reason the Rams lost Super Bowl 36 to the Patriots (which is looking like it might be a rematch this year) is that the Patriots DBs were mugging the Rams' receivers all game long and the officials were "letting them play".

So yeah, I agree with you. Same standard no matter when the game is.

Also, I'd like to present a little bit of evidence for my "the officials were terrible, not biased" case.
Attachments:
50259474_359921087929500_4778646270694653952_n.jpg
50259474_359921087929500_4778646270694653952_n.jpg (96.37 KiB) Viewed 478 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
We're gonna need another Timmy bandwagon!

Go Rams! Beat the Pats!

Sorry Dave.... :shifty:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So it's the Super Bowl 36 rematch.

Possible revenge for both the Rams (who lost that game to kick off Tom Brady's run) and for L.A. (Essentially, this is a World Series rematch of L.A. and Boston).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Why do people pick against the Patriots?

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
What a great day of football. Two fantastic games. Two OT games. Just amazing.

1 for 2 on my predictions today.

Still have the Pats taking it all. Again. Cause reasons.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:Why do people pick against the Patriots?
I have a (very) grudging respect for the Patriots, but they're like the Cowboys in the early 90s or the Yankees, well, anytime: The team that everybody not in their fan base loves to hate.

The fact that Brady is a former University of Michigan QB does make it MUCH easier for me personally though. :P
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]