A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Way back, I started of with the slightly unimaginative handle 'Lt. C' (with C being the first letter of my name). I am not sure exactly when and how, but I think when looking to 'upgrade' my name, I was watching DS9. Weyoun has always been my favorite DS9 character, and I loved the 'I wish you hadn't done that, that was Weyoun's Last Clone' quote. It even featured the letters 'Lt C', so when I first started off as WeyounsLastClone, I always highlighted the letter Lt. C (although probably no one cared or noticed beside me :D ). I think I even had a 'LurtzLastClone' account for LotR for a while.

In most of my other accounts, I typically use StormCrawler (with Storm and Nightcrawler being my favorite comic book characters) nowadays as it is a (tiny) bit shorter.
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2023
Well mine is totally not unique....

Back in decipher days I played Borg Borg and more Borg :)
Traded a future enterprise for 2 or 3 FC queens back in the 90s....

Now o can’t stand Borg the irony to slow of a deck hahahaha
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
When I was looking for an AOL Instant Messenger handle, many years ago, I wanted to pick something that didn't use numbers and was... unusual. I went to one of my favorite songs, looking for lyrics that might be useful, and decided it might be fun for people to have conversations with the edge of hearing. As a side effect of picking a handle that had no numbers in AIM, it also has not required numbers anywhere else.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thank you to everyone who played along :)

I genuinely enjoyed reading the stories and little anecdotes :)

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Here's mine btw

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote:I wanted a Trek character name and at the time of registration, Dukat was not used.

As perhaps some people might know, I like the Dominion :D. So Dukat was fitting.
Pfft. Whatever. It's not like you've written a series of articles on the dominion or anything. Oh wait.. heh

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The idea of merging this topic with another onehas been floated and makes sense. How do people feel about that?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  

If you like Star Wars, or at least what Star Wars used to be, I recommend reading the X-wing series by Michael Stackpole. Only then will you know the true meaning of my handle.
Also, the number 17; my mom is 17 years older than my uncle (her brother), he's 17 years older than me, I'm 17 years older than my niece, my niece is 17 years older than my daughter.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:The idea of merging this topic with another onehas been floated and makes sense. How do people feel about that?
For some time, I've be been at the forum only intermittently. (I often have deck builder tabs open, though, possibly showing me online 24/7.)
And somehow, only now -- during a quick check-in -- I saw this topic! Of which I made a blatant (but unintended) rip-off, months later. :wink: (But come to think of it, somebody mentioned a similar topic when I started mine -- I just didn't find it then. :lol: Maybe I wear those shades too often... 8) )

I don't mind merging -- or not. I'll have my eye on both topics from now on.

But it was great to read all this; some of these names I really had questions about, myself. :D Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: :cheersL:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Not really sure the origin of Keii. Pretty sure it is an old DnD character I had from the 80s. When I first signed up for AOL in 1992 or so, I found that the name Keii was taken.

So in true one-ups-manship fashion, I became Professor Scott which is also a play on Keymaster from Ghostbusters. Once I secured my account I was able to look up the Keii account.

It TuRnS oUt My NaMe WaS sToLeN bY sOmE lItTlE gIrL wHoSe EnTiRe PrOfIlE wAs WrItTeN lIkE tHiS!

Henceforth, Keii has always been my ingame personna while Professor Scott represents my IRL self as the master of Keii.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
That reminds me of when someone over on the LotR boards asked if a social media friend request was from me, and that's when I found out someone had taken that handle and some quote I'd made and added them to his profile. Still confused if he wanted those things that badly or what.

There's no deep meaning to my handle, to no one's surprise, but it's an iteration from previous places I've hung out on. I thought to myself, I'm bad at picking names, I accept that, but look, there's an android (and Data is pretty awesome), and for once this ought to be less smelly.

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
I joined G.A.B. (Good traders Against Bad traders) about two decades ago as ”ensign mogh”. When I retired a couple of years later I had become ”admiral mogh”. Mogh was my favourite ”cool” card back in the day.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
admiral-mogh wrote:I joined G.A.B. (Good traders Against Bad traders) about two decades ago as ”ensign mogh”. When I retired a couple of years later I had become ”admiral mogh”. Mogh was my favourite ”cool” card back in the day.
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Cmd] [Kli] [Pa]
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]