A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I have unholy magic powers, but only from 12:00 AM to 12:01 AM.

-crp

PS: In all seriousness, I'm not sure exactly how MidnightLich came to be. I used to have a personal portfolio website that was purplemidnight.net, which was probably atrophying right around the time I joined the Decipher message boards. I think I combined my website name with the Final Fantasy I Lich (which was my avatar), and voila. MidnightLich.

PPS: Fun fact - "MidnightLich" is too long for use as a Nintendo Online account name. (A Nintendo Switch was purchased for Christmas.) I decided to shorten it to 12AMLich, which has entertained Andrea to no end.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Jono comes from the TNG episode "Suddenly Human". He's the character played by Chad Allen (who also starred in Our House and My Two Dads in the 1980s and Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman in the 1990s).

The reason I chose the handle is personal :wink:
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Kamiura is my last name it’s japanese. “boss” like a Yakuza boss.

Like Boss Tanaka from Kill Bill so Boss Kamiura.

TK
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
T-Ricks wrote:The first affiliation I ever won a Trek game with was Romulan. I took the "T" prefix that some of the personnel had and added my first name to it with an 's' at the end. This was also partially because I have always liked dinosaurs and T-Ricks sounded kind of like T-Rex. Now you also know why I have the little avatar I use.
Also your fascination with John Hammond cosplay.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
MidnightLich wrote:I have unholy magic powers, but only from 12:00 AM to 12:01 AM.

-crp

PS: In all seriousness, I'm not sure exactly how MidnightLich came to be. I used to have a personal portfolio website that was purplemidnight.net, which was probably atrophying right around the time I joined the Decipher message boards. I think I combined my website name with the Final Fantasy I Lich (which was my avatar), and voila. MidnightLich.

PPS: Fun fact - "MidnightLich" is too long for use as a Nintendo Online account name. (A Nintendo Switch was purchased for Christmas.) I decided to shorten it to 12AMLich, which has entertained Andrea to no end.
Remind me to friend you.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
bosskamiura wrote:Kamiura is my last name it’s japanese. “boss” like a Yakuza boss.

TK
Or like Boss Hogg from The Dukes of Hazzard!

I'll go now...

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:Kamiura is my last name it’s japanese. “boss” like a Yakuza boss.

TK
Or like Boss Hogg from The Dukes of Hazzard!

I'll go now...
Lol there really needs to be a "like" function added to the forums

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
My first association with this name came in the early 90s, at a College Bowl event. In between the official rounds was a "for fun" sci-fi-themed round. Each person on the team picked a Trek-themed handle to identify themselves. (The lucky one was my friend who is actually named Nick Meyer.) I chose the only Star Trek character I could think of with my name -- Commodore Matt Decker.

Later, I joined the online STCCG community at Decipher's website, and selected the same identity. Due to the requirements and limitations of what your username had to look like, I abbreviated the rank (as *everyone* knows, "Comm." is the abbreviation for "Commodore", while "Commander" is properly abbreviated "Cmdr.") and eliminated spaces, to get "commdecker".

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Mine is after a former member of GWAR, who also have a song of the same name.

Eventually, it seems, I have taken over that mantle.

Type Sexecutioner Aberdeen on Google, the first page shows me mounting Kris ;)
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Also your fascination with John Hammond cosplay.
John Hammond came WAY after T-Ricks. I've only been doing that for a couple of years or so. It just so happened to fit it rather well by sheer coincidence. :D

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
sexecutioner wrote:Mine is after a former member of GWAR, who also have a song of the same name.

Only if you turn off certain settings though... ;)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
sexecutioner wrote:Mine is after a former member of GWAR, who also have a song of the same name.

:o :o :o :o He's not wrong, folks!

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.