A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
For the women's Royal Rumble, it seems pretty obvious that the hottest women's match they could set up for Wrestlemania is Becky Lynch vs. "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey, and the easiest way to get there is for Becky Lynch to win the Rumble (which the fans would love) and choose to challenge for the Raw belt.

For the men's, this is a little out of left field and would technically cause a heel vs. heel match, but I'm picking The Miz to win and choose to challenge Daniel Bryan. If you watched the Year End Special, the Daniel Bryan package seemed to strongly suggest Bryan's recent heel turn was due to him listening to what The Miz said about him not being willing to do what it took to succeed. The Miz and Daniel Bryan is basically a permanent feud at this point, even when both are doing other things, so it'd be great to use as a WWE Title program.

Otherwise, it seems The Miz is destined to fight Shane McMahon after this whole weird tag team thing they're doing breaks down, and that just seems comparatively a waste... but this is WWE.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Your last line is exactly why I stopped watching the wwe like 10 years ago.

They started this pattern of whenever they had a golden opportunity to do something awesome OR do something that no one wanted ... the went with option B.

I LOVED wrestling for so long. As a kid with savage and Hogan, I to the attitude era with DX, Rock, Austin.

But man .. they fell on some shit. Once they hitched their wagon to .. christ, I can't even remember his name.. the guy that looks like Channing Tatum.. whatever. I lost interest.

Shame.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I got Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Nash to take the tag team title and Rey Mysterio over Ric Flair for the intercontinental belt. Finally, the heavyweight match between Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger is a toss up and it's a shit matchup so I'm guessing Scott Hall will show up with a taser and it will end with a DQ.

... Oh wait. Did you mean THIS year? :P

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote:I got Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Nash to take the tag team title and Rey Mysterio over Ric Flair for the intercontinental belt. Finally, the heavyweight match between Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger is a toss up and it's a shit matchup so I'm guessing Scott Hall will show up with a taser and it will end with a DQ.

... Oh wait. Did you mean THIS year? :P
And THIS company, yes. :P

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:I'm guessing you mean John Cena?
No no. I dont mind john cena.

I looked it up. Randy. Fucking. Orton. Good lord. That guy is a fool. Once they tried to push him, repeatedly, I gave up.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I thought Orton was another possibility for who you meant, but I never saw him as "THE guy".

That said, yeah, they have pushed him pretty hard even though his ring work doesn't really blow you away, his promos are dull and monotone and he's a locker room cancer by all reports. I've personally nicknamed him Blandy Bore-ton, but that's probably very immature of me.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:Becky and Taker - seriously, I have nothing on the men, that division has been driven into the ground pretty hard.
I actually was going to go with Strowman at first until I had to remind myself he has a match with Lesnar at Royal Rumble anyway... that Lesnar will win because screw the full timers.

They could honestly make worse decisions IMO than to just let Lesnar keep the gaudy and stupidly named Universal Championship as a vanity belt and just have the WWE Champion defend on both shows. Maybe alternate matches between the two shows and face whoever is deemed top contender on a show. Especially since they've apparently now ditched the "champion automatically gets a rematch" rule.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Becky Lynch is the obvious choice for the women. I want her vs Ronda Rousey to be the main event at Wrestlemania. I have no idea who could win for the men. There is no obvious choice here so I will just go with EC3.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Also, and this might be unpopular, but Daniel Bryan's new gimmick seems cartoonish to me and not really something that helps his character at this point. Yes, I know he really is an ultra-environmentalist in real life, but he's just having too much fun with it. Ludvig Borga was the last evil environmentalist wrestling ever needed.

Also also, to me it seems a bit too similar to C.M. Punk's evil Straight Edger gimmick.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Women - Becky
Men - McIntyre to set up a “big sweaty men triple threat” of Brock/Strowman/McIntyre at Mania.

Vince loves big sweaty men.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So there are rumors going around that instead of going with the obvious money match at Wrestlemania of Becky Lynch vs. Ronda Rousey, Vince might make it Becky vs. Ronda vs. Charlotte in a Triple Threat.

It's like Vince has learned nothing from the damage he did to Roman Reigns with the constant attempt to force him on the audience and wants to do the same damage to Charlotte.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
It rather looks like a copout in order to maybe get the belt off Rousey without making her do the job. I could expect the same for the men, doing the same to Lesnar (again), protecting him but getting the belt on someone else. But since there hardly is any long-term booking, I guess they will just do this and decide the outcome of the WM match on the day. Why do we get Asuka-Becky for RR? Asuka can't win clean there and turning the WM match into a unification match just leaves one brand without a title. So all you can do is doing a stupid interference ending where you shoehorn Charlotte into the picture. They had a good story going with Becky showing up at Raw and beating people, making enemies. This could have turned into the Austin '98 storyline with a Rumble win.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]