A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Or - Rousey interferes, Becky loses. Attacks Mella and steals the 30 spot / just added to rumble normally. Wins rumble so she can challenge Rousey. The order of matches on the night will help determine that though...

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'll alter my picks some.

Braun Strowman being taken out of the match with Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble probably means he's winning the Rumble so they'll have the match at Wrestlemania.

Women's Rumble is either Becky Lynch or Ronda Rousey. Either:

* One of them doesn't walk out of her match as champion, enters the Rumble and challenges the other when winning. Maybe Becky helps Sasha Banks beat Rousey to further help set up an eventual 4 Horsewomen vs. 4 Horsewomen feud.

* Both of them walk out of their match as champion, one wins the Rumble to set up a title unification match (which probably won't be a bad thing as the women's tag division already looks set to be cross brand, just making the women cross brand makes a pretty big division.

* Unlikeliest scenario in my opinion: Neither is champion after the Rumble, somebody else wins, they fight each other with no title.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Corbett Predictions:

Rumble-

Dad picks Jon Cena (to set up Daniel Bryan, former (real life) brother-in-law feud)
Connor picks Drew McIntyre

Universal-

Dad picks Balor
Connor picks Brock

I warned Connor that when they start saying a guy is 'too small' or 'has no shot' they are being set up for the win. Never doubt the Power of Kayfabe!

WWE Belt-

Who cares. Although I love the New Daniel Bryan. Even though it's a rip off of CM Punk's straight edge heel gimmick.

IC Belt-

Good move putting the strap on Lashley. Bad move not having a proper IC Belt match at PPVs. It's the IC belt, not a fucking TV title.

US Belt-

Rusev retains, but this will be on the pre-show, which is why the US Belt has even lower prestige then the terrible Raw Red Belt.

Women's titles-

Both women retain. The new ladies' tag belts are more interesting.

Women's Rumble

Dad picks Mandy Rose (word is Vince has taken a shine to her)

Surprise Rumble Entrant %-

Kevin Owens 75% (he's due back from injury)
Aleister Black 50% (he lost last night on Takeover, I better see the future debut tonight)
Kenny Omega 20% (I just want the fanboys to shut up)
Adam Cole 15% (The next Shawn Michaels)
Velveteen Dream 15% (Let the young man shine)
Batista 10% (they did this a few years back. Hopefully not again)
The Rock 10% (Phoenix isn't too far from Hollywood)
CM Punk 5% (ya never know. Everybody comes back to the WWE. Except Macho Man...)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Cena is reportedly out with an ankle injury. Could be kayfabe, but doesn't seem like it.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
KillerB wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:Cena is reportedly out with an ankle injury. Could be kayfabe, but doesn't seem like it.
He's already "entered" the rumble. They would have to address it, give some reason (real or otherwise) if he was out.
They did.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/2 ... -to-injury

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:Cena is reportedly out with an ankle injury. Could be kayfabe, but doesn't seem like it.
He's already "entered" the rumble. They would have to address it, give some reason (real or otherwise) if he was out.
They did.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/2 ... -to-injury
Booooo. If Strowman wins I'm canceling by subscription before Wrestlemania for a change.

Then I'll go with two picks...

Who I want: Samoa Joe
Who I think: Seth Rollins

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So, I was close. Got the winner of one Rumble and the runner up in the other despite neither actually being officially in the Rumbles until the day of.

That's probably more due to the predictability of the product rather than me being smart though.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:So, I was close. Got the winner of one Rumble and the runner up in the other despite neither actually being officially in the Rumbles until the day of.

That's probably more due to the predictability of the product rather than me being smart though.
It's just rasslin' Dave. Don't take things too serious.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
KillerB wrote:It's just rasslin' Dave. Don't take things too serious.
In other words, I should repeat to myself "It's just a show. I should really just relax."? ;)
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]