A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 140 posts
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
Donor
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#446239
My German lesson tonight.

Image


Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#446243
That's not impossible. It's just highly improbable. ;)
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
Donor
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#446988
Trek-related this morning.

Image


Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
User avatar
 
By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#446998
Germans like Führers, so it must be Reiseführer!
User avatar
 
By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#447009
Ja, das stimmt ... und schöne Grüße aus Österreich :cheersL: :cheersR:
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
Donor
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#447019
monty42 wrote:Deutsche mögen nur österreichische Reiseführer... :wink:
Ich lachte.

I'm more than a little proud that I didn't need Google translate to read that one.
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Ja, das stimmt ... und schöne Grüße aus Österreich
I only got part of that one, though.
User avatar
 
By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Chancellor
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2022
#447022
jadziadax8 wrote:I'm more than a little proud that I didn't need Google translate to read that one.
:thumbsup:
User avatar
 
By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#447023
jadziadax8 wrote:
monty42 wrote:Deutsche mögen nur österreichische Reiseführer... :wink:
Ich lachte.

I'm more than a little proud that I didn't need Google translate to read that one.
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Ja, das stimmt ... und schöne Grüße aus Österreich
I only got part of that one, though.
Without a translator? Great job. Now you have no excuse to come to Vienna this year :wink:

My sentence means "Yes, that´s true ... nice greetings from Austria"
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
Donor
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#447029
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Without a translator? Great job. Now you have no excuse to come to Vienna this year :wink:
That is the idea. I'm going to be better at reading than speaking. That's one of the flaws of Duolingo. I'd say only 5% of any given lesson involves speaking a sentence, and even then you can just say blah, blah, blah and it will say you did OK.
User avatar
 
By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
#447030
jadziadax8 wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Without a translator? Great job. Now you have no excuse to come to Vienna this year :wink:
That is the idea. I'm going to be better at reading than speaking. That's one of the flaws of Duolingo. I'd say only 5% of any given lesson involves speaking a sentence, and even then you can just say blah, blah, blah and it will say you did OK.
Then there is only one solution ... do the Period of Review in german :shifty:

Oh, by the way, then I can take your cards with me, ok? With the exception of the Tribbles which unfortunately I forgot I promised someone else. Sorry.
User avatar
 
By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Moderator
#447031
I say we do the PoR in Klingon.

Someone find Charlie a Bat'leth!
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
Donor
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#449091
Not nerdy, but yes please!

Image


Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
User avatar
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2021
Grand Nagus
Donor
1E North American Continental Champion 2021
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2021
#449517
Well, attempting at least.

Image


Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10
Yes vs no. Who wins

DMfM allows your Infiltrator to initiate a b[…]

Dual Personnel and Ancestral Vision

The specifics of ride alongs were clarified afte[…]

https://image.ibb.co/dPVHFS/Round_1.png Welcome[…]

https://image.ibb.co/dPVHFS/Round_1.png Welcome[…]