A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey all,

Was just looking at the SWCCG thread and it got me thinking.

I just started playing the Vs System game with a couple of buddies (who I recently got back in to STCCG .. woo).

Just wondering if anyone else in here plays? What are your thoughts on the game?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I used to play the Overpower card game which was a precursor to the VS System game.

I've always wanted to learn how to play it.

A lot of my friends in the Santa Barbara playgroup (Northern Los Angeles - about an hour north) played it and were quite successful with it. VS System had the best playmats and would give them out as prizes at events. My friends would actually win them, along with cash. I was lucky enough to get I think three of them as gifts from them.

Chris Donati and Carlos Maya, etc.

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Are you paying the old game or the new 2pcg?

I played the old game with a buddy who has followed me through a bunch of different games. It really was the best of the magic clones. It's just a pity that it burned out before the MCU juggernaut got rolling. I would've loved to play with cardboard pictures from the movies and shows.

Also paging our Sydney members for more stories...

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The new 2pcg here :)

I've only played ..er .. 2 games so far. My buddies and i only get together once a month or so. Just trying to build my first deck by myself .. NEWB :P
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:The new 2pcg here :)

I've only played ..er .. 2 games so far. My buddies and i only get together once a month or so. Just trying to build my first deck by myself .. NEWB :P
What is it like? Did they stick with the Marvel/DC or did they end up putting other properties in, like they were threatening with alien/predator?

I felt that adding other properties would be the death of the game, and frankly a weird franchising decision because what game could need more star power than the MCU?

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh they have added other properties. Alien vs Predator. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't really have an issue with them adding these. I can just choose to ignore them, which I will likely do. I think they are working on something to add Fantastic Four soon. Which would be neat.

Adding in Star Wars would also be incredible. Really, at the end of the day, I say add whatever properties they can. Sure, you run the risk of over saturation but the flip side is diversity. So long as they keep the power creep in check, I see no issue.

My biggest gripe (and its only cause I cant afford a NEW game to buy) is that there doesn't seem to be a repository or deck builder what you can export to a pdf to print. There is a deck builder site (tcgbrowser) but you can only export the card list to text. Not the images. And let me tell you .. copy/pasting the images into word, resizing, positioning ... is a DGFJg;qpwejgth;.qwioleut;hwqae.

Ahem.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:My biggest gripe (and its only cause I cant afford a NEW game to buy) is that there doesn't seem to be a repository or deck builder what you can export to a pdf to print. There is a deck builder site (tcgbrowser) but you can only export the card list to text. Not the images. And let me tell you .. copy/pasting the images into word, resizing, positioning ... is a DGFJg;qpwejgth;.qwioleut;hwqae.

Ahem.
Which I suppose brings up a question.

Outside of a tool akin to the deck builder on this site, is there a god damn better way to print out cards .. outside of the manner in which I am doing it (ie. copy and pasting into word, adjusting photo size, lining them up, etc).

They always seem to move around and get all disjointed, no matter what I do. So if there is an easier way, I'm all for it.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !