A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

What action should be taken on Rule #11 of the CoC.

None. It's is fine as worded.
53%
Actions should be taken to clarify it.
22%
Actions should be taken to make it stricter.
25%

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
And rather than "HR Manager", we could use the terminology most websites (and thus, most web users) are already familiar with. Like, "moderator". And the person in charge of it could be.. I dunno, the "head moderator"?

That's Level 2 sarcasm. You're in fighting shape today Allen.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
I'm fine with that, but I think KillerB and his pals would find the results exceedingly unfavorable. Especially since my expectation would be that the first "HR Manager" would be Boffo97 (and rightly so).
What part about "fire every mod" didn't you understand?

This would be a new CC position. I trust Maggie or Jon Carter can find a reasonable person. And if they're not reasonable then they get voted out.

Or if they are a tyrant with a majority mob behind them then this place can continue to go down the shitter.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
I'm fine with that, but I think KillerB and his pals would find the results exceedingly unfavorable. Especially since my expectation would be that the first "HR Manager" would be Boffo97 (and rightly so).
What part about "fire every mod" didn't you understand?

This would be a new CC position. I trust Maggie or Jon Carter can find a reasonable person. And if they're not reasonable then they get voted out.

Or if they are a tyrant with a majority mob behind them then this place can continue to go down the shitter.
So let me make sure I understand what you're saying...

You want the moderation function (call it what you want) to be handled by the CC?

Aren't you the guy who spent years raging against the Green Badge Army?

You've come full circle.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote:
You've come full circle.
We're in the Bylaw Era now. I have to give Maggie a shot to do things right. The mods and CoC have failed us now.

You're censoring people and lying about it. Time for you to go too bubba.
Since when are spambots people?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:What part about "fire every mod" didn't you understand?

This would be a new CC position. I trust Maggie or Jon Carter can find a reasonable person.
Right. And Boffo is said reasonable person -- a fairly experienced mod whose actions reflect a centrist record, neither too lax nor too strict for the community's overall preferences. An ideal candidate, attractive to any hiring committee and capable of commanding broad community support. Yes, your solution sounds better and better to me!

(I'd suggest Sykes as well, but I imagine after four years as Head Mod you couldn't pay him enough to deal with this via a board position.)

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:
monty42 wrote:Since when am I a spambot?
15 Oct 2010 17:31
:P :thumbsup: Walked right into that one.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Right. And Boffo is said reasonable person -- a fairly experienced mod whose actions reflect a centrist record, neither too lax nor too strict for the community's overall preferences. An ideal candidate, attractive to any hiring committee and capable of commanding broad community support. Yes, your solution sounds better and better to me!
Then he can fucking apply for the position. But right now I'm believing my conspiracy theory that the DELETE ORDER is coming from the top.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote: Then he can fucking apply for the position. But right now I'm believing my conspiracy theory that the DELETE ORDER is coming from the top.
Could you please post your conspiracy theories elsewhere, then?

(That's how you want us to deal with this, right? Just ask you to stop?)

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
KillerB wrote: Then he can fucking apply for the position. But right now I'm believing my conspiracy theory that the DELETE ORDER is coming from the top.
Could you please post your conspiracy theories elsewhere, then?

(That's how you want us to deal with this, right? Just ask you to stop?)
Ok. Give me a minute.

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Then he can fucking apply for the position. But right now I'm believing my conspiracy theory that the DELETE ORDER is coming from the top.
Of course you're believing your own conspiracy theory.

Why try to get facts when you can just make shit up in your head? So much easier, that.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
Why try to get facts when you can just make shit up in your head? So much easier, that.
I'm not making up you deleting posts and bullshitting about it.

Now we live in a nerd world where the mods can delete anything and call it "spam". No appeals. That's great buddy. Good work. This is who you always wanted to be.

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]