A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 119 posts

Has the CoC been enforced fairly and equally for all members of the community?

Yes
63%
No
38%

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:When somebody treats me with disrespect, that somebody deserves the same treatment from me.
I gave you the respect by trying to communicate with you. You got rude, so you lost my respect. Things like that happen ... I´m sure you know!
prylardurden wrote:Im going to stand by my previous call. You were being a problem and now you don't want to stick to your word.
Oh, I always stick to my word. The only thing is that I refuse to be nice to people who aren´t nice to me. If you start with that kind of crap you will become a victim very fast.

The thing about respect is that some people work very hard so they can lose it. And people I don´t respect worked VERY VERY hard for that.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Nerdopolis Prime wrote: I gave you the respect by trying to communicate with you. You got rude, so you lost my respect.
You're trying to have it both ways. You can't say 'trying to communicate' after your public mea culpa Josh reminded you of.

You got to be honest dude. You tried a bit (show people Corbett is so bad by trying to act like I think he acts online), it didn't work, and then you tried to cover your tracks. As the kids say "take the L".

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote: I gave you the respect by trying to communicate with you. You got rude, so you lost my respect.
You're trying to have it both ways. You can't say 'trying to communicate' after your public mea culpa Josh reminded you of.

You got to be honest dude. You tried a bit (show people Corbett is so bad by trying to act like I think he acts online), it didn't work, and then you tried to cover your tracks. As the kids say "take the L".
I still stand to the mea culpa.

And I still stand to my belief that I will treat people like they treat me.

It doesn´t matter if you approve it or not. I couldn´t care less!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:blah blah blah
KillerB wrote:blah blah blah
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:blah blah blah
KillerB wrote:blah blah blah
You know how you two remind me of?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote: I still stand to the mea culpa.

And I still stand to my belief that I will treat people like they treat me.

It doesn´t matter if you approve it or not. I couldn´t care less!
That's not how that works. You either said it, meant it and will stand by it *OR* You are making exceptions to it which means it wasn't in good faith. This post makes it seem like you are going with the second option.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
prylardurden wrote:That's not how that works.
That´s exactly how it works!

You are nice to people.
Individuals aren´t nice to you.
You stop being nice to those individuals.

Failing that you would learn nothing. Adaption is important.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:You know how you two remind me of?

Hey, don´t use St. Londo against me.
But actually you are right. What you can read here is the procedure how I lose faith in a person. Everybody deserves respect, and everybody can lose it.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:What you can read here is the procedure how I lose faith in a person.
Having faith in a person in the first place entails a little bit more than agreeing or disagreeing with some random shit somebody posts on a message board.
Telling people (and more importantly yourself) that you "lose faith" in somebody just because you're unable to find some middle ground to agree with strikes me as just that little bit self righteous.
So before you go and "lose faith", I'd urge you to walk a mile in John's metaphorical shoes.
Not his actual shoes though. They smell.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:

You are nice to people.

Again, that language difference crops up. That's not how your previous "apology" works with your current attitude.

On the other hand, you could always turn the other cheek and be the better person, but again you have apparently decided against that.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
prylardurden wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:

You are nice to people.

Again, that language difference crops up. That's not how your previous "apology" works with your current attitude.

On the other hand, you could always turn the other cheek and be the better person, but again you have apparently decided against that.
I'll start pushing for folks to do that when KillerB does, as this is a case of follow the lowest denominator for sure

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:
Not his actual shoes though. They smell.
I got new $9 walmart shoes for Christmas. Dad is low maintenance.

Nerdo and I are obviously at an impass (BenHosp's favorite card... RSVP BenHosp), so I'll stop junking up the thread and we can talk about the CoC. Or listen to convoluted "KillerB Whatabouts" from people. :?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
prylardurden wrote:On the other hand, you could always turn the other cheek and be the better person, but again you have apparently decided against that.
Of course. I´m not an idiot to do that.

That´s exactly the way how people become victims. If you don´t react in a propper way, you are doomed to have your "cheeks" demolished!

When you are robbed, do you ask the robber to wait until you "turn the other cheek" and get the rest from your bank account???

Turning the other cheek and being a better person ... what a rubbish!!! Turn the other cheek and you become a worse fool instead of a better person.
Last edited by Nerdopolis Prime on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:I'll stop junking up the thread and we can talk about the CoC.
Yeah, spamming sucks. I´m sure thats a whole new experience, isn´t it?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Okay, this has been way off the original topic for a while. Locked. There are a number of other polls and threads on this exact same topic, and most everyone who was going o vote in this one has already done so.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]