A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
HoodieDM wrote:Lastly, I can understand S2 of JJ struggling, but S1 is great! How can you NOT love David Tennant as Kilgrave??

~D
He was the only thing keeping me going that long. I got worn down by the anxiety and depression on the part of JJ. I know it's not fair, because I know how anxiety and depression are terrible to live through, but I kept thinking to myself "Woman, you're a freaking superhero. Go out and kick ass!"
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:Lastly, I can understand S2 of JJ struggling, but S1 is great! How can you NOT love David Tennant as Kilgrave??

~D
He was the only thing keeping me going that long. I got worn down by the anxiety and depression on the part of JJ. I know it's not fair, because I know how anxiety and depression are terrible to live through, but I kept thinking to myself "Woman, you're a freaking superhero. Go out and kick ass!"
I just want to have fun when I watch these shows - not sit there right along side JJ in her problems.

TK
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I will commit the Great Heresy and say that I actually liked Jessica Jones a lot more than Daredevil.

Still didn't get through all of JJS1, but Kilgrave was great and JJ more interesting to me. Just not interesting enough.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:I will commit the Great Heresy and say that I actually liked Jessica Jones a lot more than Daredevil.

Still didn't get through all of JJS1, but Kilgrave was great and JJ more interesting to me. Just not interesting enough.
You're right - it is the Great Heresy.

TK

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I loved a little stealth reference in JJ, Season 1.

Basically, her telling Killgrave that he wasn't ten anymore.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:I just want to have fun when I watch these shows - not sit there right along side JJ in her problems.
I can respect that, but that's what makes JJ so great. Real life problems. It's a different take on a "comic book". She's more the "Dark Knight" of the different series, while the rest are more like "Batman Begins" or "Dark Knight Rises." Still gritty, but JJ takes the cake on being the most emo and dark!

~D
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Andrew wrote:Now hooked into Season 3 of Daredevil. Not sure if I'll try another episode of JJ or not.
I feel you man

TK

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]