A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
...figured I would just start one consolidated thread about all the different shows.

So the second season of The Punisher just dropped.

Anyone watching it? Planning on watching it? I've just watched the first episode and holy shit was it good AND violent! That fight scene at the end. Oh boy!

TK

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It was awesome as always.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I already finished Punisher S2. I liked it a lot. Not as much as S1 though. I felt the first half dragged a bit but it finished strong.

My ranking of the shows:

1 Daredevil Season 2
2 Punisher Season 1
3 Daredevil Season 1
4 Jessica Jones Season 1
5 Punisher Season 2
6 Defenders Season 1
7 Daredevil Season 3
8 Jessica Jones Season 2

I don't really know how to rank Iron Fist and Luke Cage because I hated both seasons of both shows. I like the actors and the characters though. They worked well for me as supporting characters in Defenders. I just think their solo shows both fell completely flat.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
If it's as good as the prison fight scene in season 3 Daredevil, I'm there!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:If it's as good as the prison fight scene in season 3 Daredevil, I'm there!
I think it was!

TK
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:If it's as good as the prison fight scene in season 3 Daredevil, I'm there!
The first three episodes are very much a prologue. The first is almost entirely stand alone. If you want to get a quick taste ....

I liked it overall, but felt that they could have done it in ten episodes. Plus, one of the main characters was not really connected to the others, which got kind of frustrating. Yet another excellent sidekick.
monty42 wrote:I don't really know how to rank Iron Fist and Luke Cage because I hated both seasons of both shows. I like the actors and the characters though. They worked well for me as supporting characters in Defenders. I just think their solo shows both fell completely flat.
If only they would just give us a Daughters of the Dragon series. That would rock.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Faithful Reader wrote:If only they would just give us a Daughters of the Dragon series. That would rock.
I don't know, it depends where they would've gone with it...

Also I think they made a major mistake going with Cage and Iron Fist solo shows. They should've done heroes for hire from the get go. I think those two played quite well off of eachother in the short time they had on screen together.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Andrew wrote:I'm on episode 2 of season 2 of Jessica Jones. Not sure if I'm interested enough to keep watching.
You have already made it farther than me. I think I got 8 eps into Season 1 and can't make my way back out.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Didn't they all get cancelled yesterday anyway?

A bummer for the fans, but a bit of a relief to those who (like me) started and couldn't get through it.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Andrew wrote:I'm on episode 2 of season 2 of Jessica Jones. Not sure if I'm interested enough to keep watching.
Yeah - JJ has always been the toughest for me to watch. It's just sooo slow!

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:Didn't they all get cancelled yesterday anyway?
What? They got cancelled? Why?

TK

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:

TK
Because Disney is launching their own streaming service, and don't want to be feeding good material to their competition. They'll be creating their own new Marvel streaming shows, and there's some speculation that they'll be bringing over the Defenders (either individually or as a group) as well.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:

TK
Because Disney is launching their own streaming service, and don't want to be feeding good material to their competition. They'll be creating their own new Marvel streaming shows, and there's some speculation that they'll be bringing over the Defenders (either individually or as a group) as well.
I hope they bring them all over. Especially The Punisher.

TK

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Luke Cage & Iron Fist were the first to be cancelled. Then after S3 of DD it got cancelled. Now that Punisher is over it got cancelled. S3 of JJ is still due, then I'm sure it'll get cancelled.

Yes, it's all due to D+ (Streaming) due out end of 2019. They've already announced mini-series for Scarlet Witch, Loki, Falcon, and Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier). This is with the actual MCU actors as well, so it's legit. It'll be a lot of 6-8 series episodes for these characters.

Once 2021 comes, then Disney can due what they want with the Netflix shows. They can recast or get the band back together and create new episodes. Marvel already announced these intentions somewhat by thanking the fans and then saying, they'll be back, stronger than ever. So my personal opinion will be 2020-2021 all of these MCU mini-series will be aired and then once 2021 hits, they'll announce The Defenders team back with targets of 2022/2023 new seasons of the shows. Especially Daredevil & Punisher. I'd like to see Iron Fist & Luke Cage each get one more season (at minimum) to finish off their cliffhangers from their Season 2s, but I'd also like to see a Daughters of the Dragon spin off from Iron Fist.

Lastly, I can understand S2 of JJ struggling, but S1 is great! How can you NOT love David Tennant as Kilgrave??

~D

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.