A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Andrew
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just finished season 3 of The Expanse. Totally worth it.

What are you all binging right now?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Also The Expanse, tbqh.

But I watch a lot of things on my phone and, frankly, The Expanse is too pretty for my phone. So, weirdly enough, I've been working my way through the first season of 24, a show I'd never actually seen until I started a few weeks ago.

My binge of Brooklyn Nine-Nine is nearly finished.

My long, careful savor of The Wire, now in its sixth year of my slow burn, is the opposite of a binge, so.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Not binging, because I usually don't want to watch more than two episodes of one show at a time. I am re-watching How I Met Your Mother. When I am done with that, I will rewatch season 11 of Doctor Who. I want to get to Killing Eve at some point.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Not sure if this qualifies, but the third episode of Russian Doll was the moment we got hooked, then got through the next (and remaining) five of the series in one night.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Two of my favorite shows I always recommend for binging are Sons of Anarchy and Banshee.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
The Expanse is, indeed, amazing. We're binging it now (which, for us, means an episode every two weeks or so).

If you're desperate for Sci-Fi, Dark Matter is interesting. It has a very limited budget, and clearly didn't blow any of it on its actors (except the Android), but the story kept us coming back for at least a season (and my wife and I are quite fickle with shows).
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote: If you're desperate for Sci-Fi, Dark Matter is interesting. It has a very limited budget, and clearly didn't blow any of it on its actors (except the Android), but the story kept us coming back for at least a season (and my wife and I are quite fickle with shows).
I was on board with Dark Matter until the "mirror universe" arc, and then just... never felt the urge to see what happened next.
 -  
Community Contributor
I really enjoyed Dark Matter, but lost steam when I found out it had been cancelled without wrapping up. (Also, their third season involved some very obviously precipitous budget cuts.)

In its prime, though, it was the exact kind of trashy sci-fi that goes straight into my veins. I love memory & identity puzzles, and the premise was irresistible.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:In its prime, though, it was the exact kind of trashy sci-fi that goes straight into my veins. I love memory & identity puzzles, and the premise was irresistible.
It helps that, while the imagery was fairly grimdark, and grimdark may have even been the goal, the final product was just too goofy to be effectively grimdark. Certainly less grim than something like Altered Carbon, which was interesting but just waaaay too dark for me. I liked the hotel guy though.
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:In its prime, though, it was the exact kind of trashy sci-fi that goes straight into my veins. I love memory & identity puzzles, and the premise was irresistible.
It helps that, while the imagery was fairly grimdark, and grimdark may have even been the goal, the final product was just too goofy to be effectively grimdark. Certainly less grim than something like Altered Carbon, which was interesting but just waaaay too dark for me. I liked the hotel guy though.
Well said.

I want an entire show about just the hotel guy.

By Andrew
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Rottentomatoes.com gives the 8th and final season of Dexter a score of 35%. I lost interest at the end of season 7, cliffhanger and all. Did anyone find season 8 redeeming?

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Andrew wrote:Rottentomatoes.com gives the 8th and final season of Dexter a score of 35%. I lost interest at the end of season 7, cliffhanger and all. Did anyone find season 8 redeeming?
Not at all, it was just bad all around. They really should have stopped a few seasons earlier.

Twin Peaks is the original.

On Netflix, yeah Altered Carbon is fun if completely derivative cyberpunk sci-fi. Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency is a refreshing take on the Douglas Adams material.

A started watching the Expanse a while back but after a couple episodes I had a bizarre realization that I had actually read the book and knew the whole mystery.
 -  
Community Contributor
Just did some binging this weekend:

Umbrella Academy is really good, and I think has a very interesting perspective on the Temporal Prime Directive tucked in there.

Russian Doll is very well-acted, but not well-plotted. Luckily it's only 8 half-hour eps so it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I just started Jack Ryan on Amazon prime video. I'm only 3 eps in but it's really well done. I'm a big fan of John Krazinski so I may be predisposed to like this anyway. But still ... I'm enjoying it so far.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I absolutely loved Dark Matter.

The dead end for the One story arc was very annoying but otherwise good.

Worth making it all the way to the end.

I really enjoyed the whole corporate faction thing. Wil Wheaton was fairly decent (not a Wesley hater).

I actually really enjoyed that they had a semi-episodal Trek like format without 100% focus on the main arc. The Earth time travel episode in season 3 was a bit of a gem.

Killjoys I also enjoyed for a while but dropped it somewhere near the end of season 3. It just got a bit weird and seemed to stall. The dark and edgy nature of the characters is quite cool.

Altered Carbon is legendary. All sci fi lovers need to watch it. There's only really one slow bit the entire season, the rest is enthralling. I watched it so fast I probably should go back and have another go just to enjoy it haha

Red Dwarf is pretty easy to binge if you're in need of a good laugh even if you've seen it before. Episodes are pretty short.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]