A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:I absolutely loved Dark Matter.
How long does the mirror "here's the Extra Crispy Evil" plot go on? That's where I bailed, but if I know I can skip ahead to ep X and be back to my regularly scheduled bastards I'd be tempted to try it again.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I’m binging the Voltron reboot on Netflix right now. It’s a good choice for grading and watching. I don’t feel like I have to pay super close attention to it and can concentrate on what my students did on their exams.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
How long does the mirror "here's the Extra Crispy Evil" plot go on? That's where I bailed, but if I know I can skip ahead to ep X and be back to my regularly scheduled bastards I'd be tempted to try it again.
Not sure what you mean. The ending of season 2 is fairly good.
 -  
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
Not sure what you mean. The ending of season 2 is fairly good.
I bailed at "Stuff to Steal, People to Kill", according to Netflix. (Although now that I'm peeking at synopses it looks like it's just a single episode, so maybe I'll skip ahead to ep9 and see if it grabs me again.)
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
It is, in fact, just the one episode. They had their silly fun (in my memory, Dr. Weir gets a goatee, but I doubt that actually happened) and then went home.

That's right: the absurdly self-indulgent SyFy series with no pretensions of seriousness somehow managed to spend only 25% as long in the Mirror Universe as Discovery did.
 -  
Community Contributor
Spectre9 wrote:The next episode is the one they visit that old homeworld :wink:
Thanks for letting me know - still reminding myself what the heck was going on, but the next ep having Evil Wil Wheaton made the transition a bit smoother.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I recently found an interview show on YouTube called "Hot Ones" where this guy interviews celebrities while eating hot wings.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
For all you Pratchett/Gaiman fans, if you haven’t watched Good Omens on Amazon Prime, run, don’t walk to your TV now.
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:For all you Pratchett/Gaiman fans, if you haven’t watched Good Omens on Amazon Prime, run, don’t walk to your TV now.
Heck, I never read that book, and it was an *amazing* show.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How about "Pine Gap"? I thought that was a really neat miniseries. For people who like good characterization, nice landscapes, intricate storylines (including realistic dead ends), spy stuff and antenna dishes.

Also: "Trapped". Icelandic Nordic noir thriller series. Much of the same as above, but without antennae or high-tech spy stuff. Still, very good.

By Andrew
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Does anyone here like Fear the Walking Dead? I got a bit into the 2nd season and found it boring.
Watching them couped up on the boat didn't carry my interest. Now when I see promos for the new episodes it's kind of obvious who hasn't survived.

I tried the first episode of the new Walking Dead spin off, and it seems like it's mostly about teenagers. Just too old to identify with teenagers I guess.

Queen's Gambit was good, but not as spell-binging as some made it out to be.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Andrew wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:01 amQueen's Gambit was good, but not as spell-binging as some made it out to be.
Hey, thx! :cheersL: I was looking for this topic yesterday (me not yet used to the "new" forum? I did search for "binge"!), to post about Queen's Gambit as well! It wasn't perfect (the story felt a bit stylized, almost like a graphic novel of sorts), but I quite liked it nonetheless.
What I perhaps liked most: I knew nothing of tournaments and organized play at all, until I started reading a bit for Worlds last year. So, Gambit made me think back a lot about the atmosphere and company during that weekend in Vienna. :thumbsup:

Maybe, TBH, it also infused our epic 4-day game with some extra fun or inspiration, because of the deep love -- and joyful nerdiness -- shown for chess, and making friends through that.

The acting was awesome, even if the story could've been a tad better.
The adoptive mother
was especially great,
in her facial expressions and small mannerisms

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Andrew wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:01 am Does anyone here like Fear the Walking Dead? I got a bit into the 2nd season and found it boring.
Watching them couped up on the boat didn't carry my interest. Now when I see promos for the new episodes it's kind of obvious who hasn't survived.

I tried the first episode of the new Walking Dead spin off, and it seems like it's mostly about teenagers. Just too old to identify with teenagers I guess.

Queen's Gambit was good, but not as spell-binging as some made it out to be.
I really like the Walking Dead (I guess it did go on for just a bit too long, but I do start liking it again with the Whisperer stuff), but never got into Fear the Walking Dead.
I did quite like Walking Dead: World Beyond, but if you're not too big on teen angst and stuff, it might not be the best indeed.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I just got done watching Lovecraft Country. It was very well done
right up to the end and then we were very WTF
. Fair warning: it is a hard M; not for the faint of heart.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]