A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The thread "Ross - hang him higher ? ? ?" was an attempt to help Ross and our community.

"Those guys" saw that quickly and went for the usual trick to compromise the goal.

A) They went cryptic again and ignored the topic.

B) Attempted to lure me in a meme duel (which I smilingly accepted)

C) Waited until the uncomfortable topic was shut down because it went nowhere.

Thats exactly how they work !

Taking something that could be helpful for the whole community and manipulate the CC staff to shut it down ! ! !

Dear Maggie and CC seniors. I hope you see the connections here and how you have been manipulated for years now. Don´t wonder why other dedicated members of the hobby left it. Remember how many good topics have been closed because they are uncomfortable for that small group.

And remember in future that KillerB is only away to come back and "save the day" ... only after the other guys sabotage Ross´ efforts.

So obvious ....

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Please don't restart locked threads as new threads.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
And remember in future that KillerB is only away to come back and "save the day" ... only after the other guys sabotage Ross´ efforts.

So obvious ....

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm reopening this thread because there apparently needs to be more conversation.

Phil's post above got reported, the reason given was "harassment." I'm not going to name the reporter, but I feel the need to address the report.

I closed that report without action. Why? Because reading Phil's post it sure read like criticism to me.

The fact is that Ross has made some decisions that could very easily be argued to be "dumb". And even if Phil were alone in his opinion, telling a CC member to not make dumb decisions, even if the implication is they have done so in the past, very much within bounds of rule 11 of the CoC.

The day that members of the community can't voice their displeasure with the decisions of "CC Leadership" individually by name or otherwise, is the day the community loses its voice and all of this stops mattering.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Armus wrote:I'm reopening this thread because there apparently needs to be more conversation.

Phil's post above got reported, the reason given was "harassment." I'm not going to name the reporter, but I feel the need to address the report.

I closed that report without action. Why? Because reading Phil's post it sure read like criticism to me.

The fact is that Ross has made some decisions that could very easily be argued to be "dumb". And even if Phil were alone in his opinion, telling a CC member to not make dumb decisions, even if the implication is they have done so in the past, very much within bounds of rule 11 of the CoC.

The day that members of the community can't voice their displeasure with the decisions of "CC Leadership" individually by name or otherwise, is the day the community loses its voice and all of this stops mattering.
What the HELL Brian!?
CC members don't make dumb decisions! How dare you!!!
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Armus wrote:I'm reopening this thread because there apparently needs to be more conversation.

Yeah but criticism that can't be responded to, because the thread is locked, is basically harassment.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thank you for reopening this thread again. I think there is a lot to discuss here which could be useful for the CC.
pschrader wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:help Ross.
I've got some advice for Ross: stop making dumb decisions. Pretty simple advice, don't you think?
The advice is simple, the advice is good. But if someone can´t see that a decision he made is "dumb" or, lets say, semi-intelligent, I find if should be pointed out.

But with less rage and more information why that decision is dubious. So both sides can work on a solution instead of throwing their own droppings on eachother like chimps.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Thank you for reopening this thread again. I think there is a lot to discuss here which could be useful for the CC.
pschrader wrote:
I've got some advice for Ross: stop making dumb decisions. Pretty simple advice, don't you think?
The advice is simple, the advice is good. But if someone can´t see that a decision he made is "dumb" or, lets say, semi-intelligent, I find if should be pointed out.

But with less rage and more information why that decision is dubious. So both sides can work on a solution instead of throwing their own droppings on eachother like chimps.
CHIMP DISPARAGEMENT

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Thank you for reopening this thread again. I think there is a lot to discuss here which could be useful for the CC.
pschrader wrote:

How about we start a hurt/heal thread about advice for Ross?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
What is it about Ross that makes people not wanting to help him?

I´m curious because he is in a very influental position which can change our hobby to the better or the worse.

Better would be my choice of change. So I´m very eager to offer as much help as I can. Specially when I see lots of arguments against Ross.

In my opinion the hobby itself should not suffer on the base of people not liking Ross or him being in the position he currently is.

Anybody who wants to offer explanations (no nerd rage, explanations) to me and other new hobbyists?

Cheers

Nerdo

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:What is it about Ross that makes people not wanting to help him?

I´m curious because he is in a very influental position which can change our hobby to the better or the worse.

Better would be my choice of change. So I´m very eager to offer as much help as I can. Specially when I see lots of arguments against Ross.

In my opinion the hobby itself should not suffer on the base of people not liking Ross or him being in the position he currently is.

Anybody who wants to offer explanations (no nerd rage, explanations) to me and other new hobbyists?

Cheers

Nerdo
We have a dozen other threads saying "people i dont like have to go even if they do good work on the game" lately (or does your position not apply to people other than ross?).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
No, it deosn´t say that. It says damaging people, it doesnt say people I don´t like.

It also doesn´t matter who it is, the trigger is the damage they cause, not what their names are.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]