A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: There's no CC shit-talking, or whatever you think is going on there. You're portrayal of it as some place where "they", the miscreants of the TrekCC message board, act inappropriately without recourse is dead wrong. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Go re-read for comprehension and try again, OK?
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:Can you clarify what you meant then Allen?

TK
Sure.

His statement is not only inaccurate, he managed to present the exact *opposite* position that I actually put forward. I pointed this out, and suggested he re-read the relevant posts to improve his understanding.

Does that help?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:Can you clarify what you meant then Allen?

TK
Sure.

His statement is not only inaccurate, he managed to present the exact *opposite* position that I actually put forward. I pointed this out, and suggested he re-read the relevant posts to improve his understanding.

Does that help?
Why haven’t you signed up yet Allen? Even if you don’t want or care to participate - or even if you hate Discord, at least check the place out so you can really see what I’m doing there. I constantly see snarky posts from you making jabs at the good work I am doing for the community. I am over 105 participants now with more people signing up everyday - even people from Facebook who have sworn they would never return to the CC are signing up.

I think it’s time to stop, let whatever bitterness you have in your heart towards me go, and be part of the community I am trying to foster and grow.

TK
 -  
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote: Why haven’t you signed up yet Allen?
Honestly? Because of posts like this:
I am over 105 participants now with more people signing up everyday - even from Facebook.
I dislike being used as a marketing ploy, so I'm disinclined to sign up. Also, I barely keep up with the discords I'm currently on, so I'm not in the market to add more right now.
I constantly see snarky posts from you making jabs at the good work I am doing for the community.
Ah, I see the misunderstanding - I'm not snarking at you or the Dojo (beyond the marketing, anyway). I'm glad you started it, I'm glad it's doing well in the abstract sense that it's good when people's hard work pays off. To be honest, I don't spend too many brain cycles on the day-to-day goings on over there (again, beyond "ugh, another marketing post").

It's no secret that there is a subset of Trek players who chafe under the CoC. If they're enjoying themselves at the Dojo, that's a win all around, right?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:There's no CC shit-talking, or whatever you think is going on there.
Well that's not entirely true. But it is very little of the conversation - and infrequent at best.

I am enjoying being on the Discord channel. Often lots of good discussion there in pseudo-realtime. I have so few chances to play (IRL, online, or otherwise) that I really value any avenue at all to be engaged with the game I love and live vicariously through others. :thumbsup:
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:I am enjoying being on the Discord channel. Often lots of good discussion there in pseudo-realtime. I have so few chances to play (IRL, online, or otherwise) that I really value any avenue at all to be engaged with the game I love and live vicariously through others. :thumbsup:
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. That's what it's there for and what I was/am striving for.

Thanks for giving my idea of what it could be a chance and please, continue enjoying yourself!

TK

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]