A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have to admit, I was skeptical of TK's efforts initially. But the more I've watched and seen the Dojo Discord grew and evolve, the more potential I have seen in it.

Tk's managed to keep it focused on playing the game rather then any silly nonsense, and his facilitating of events likely makes him the most prolific TD of both this year and last year.

I would like to nominate him for Organized Play to have some position officially for him, Online Play Manager at the minimal that way he's closer to the CC for input regarding the online play enviroment
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
TK is currently the Ambassador for Online Play. I applaud his efforts with the Dojo. I hope people will talk up the game here, there, FB, Twitter, wherever. I love this game and want people to keep playing.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:I would like to nominate him for Organized Play to have some position officially for him, Online Play Manager at the minimal that way he's closer to the CC for input regarding the online play enviroment
I've been told that putting me in a position labeled "Online OP Coordinator" has been discussed or was going to be discussed.

When I followed up about it though, I never got a response back.

I guess the answer to that was no - and that Ambassador was all I was qualified for.

¯\_(O_o)_/¯

TK
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I'm glad they're doing well over there, because it proves that certain folks have no problems following the rules when it suits them. :D

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
AllenGould wrote:I'm glad they're doing well over there, because it proves that certain folks have no problems following the rules when it suits them. :D
Or maybe... there aren't as many ridiculous rules there...
 -  
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:I'm glad they're doing well over there, because it proves that certain folks have no problems following the rules when it suits them. :D
That's still fine, because they can hang out over there where the rules are more to their liking.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
monty42 wrote:
That's still fine, because they can hang out over there where the rules are more to their liking.
Or how about it being very clear that one person controls the Dojo and everyone is there on his sufferance
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:That's still fine, because they can hang out over there where the rules are more to their liking.
I only have one rule and that's "Don't be a dick".

So why do we have zero problems on The Dojo's Discord Channel?

TK

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
monty42 wrote:
100% confident, 0% competent.
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: 100% confident, 0% competent.
Care to expand on that? Because I'm not sure what you're referring to.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
monty42 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
Naetor wrote: 100% confident, 0% competent.
Care to expand on that? Because I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Yeah, you have have no idea what you're talking about but a certain you're right.

The Dojo was designed as a place to support online play. 50% of its functions are to organize games and post results for online play. The remaining 50% are split between resources for new players and gameplay-related chat. If you had ever logged in there, it would be immediately apparent. There's no CC shit-talking, or whatever you think is going on there. You're portrayal of it as some place where "they", the miscreants of the TrekCC message board, act inappropriately without recourse is dead wrong. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]