A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote:Marvel can take all my fucking money.
Whoa and they finally came crawling back to James Gunn.
I just saw that. And that he'll still be doing Suicide Squad, and that will take priority.

Somewhere there is a room full of Disney execs with their faces literally STUFFED with crow.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
bhosp wrote:
Se7enofMine wrote:Marvel can take all my fucking money.
Whoa and they finally came crawling back to James Gunn.
I just saw that. And that he'll still be doing Suicide Squad, and that will take priority.

Somewhere there is a room full of Disney execs with their faces literally STUFFED with crow.
Mike Cernovich’s Twitter is pretty funny right now.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Somewhere there is a room full of Disney execs with their faces literally STUFFED with crow.
The "conspiracy" on this, was that Disney only "fired" Gunn to save face b/c the Fox deal was just getting started and some politicians were holding up on it and were against Gunn. So Disney did it with all the intentions of hiring Gunn back, because guess what, the Fox deal is all but officially done (tomorrow by all internet accords 3/20/19). SOOOOO some think this was the thing all along.
And that he'll still be doing Suicide Squad, and that will take priority.
I honestly think this is fine for them because #1 we don't have any official date announcements after Spidey2 and there's going to be a small break and #2 with the said so acquisition above, it changed the entire sandbox landscape for Fiege and team. So I think they wanted/needed some extra time to change the entire direction of Phase4+ and beyond so they need some time to map out the next 10 years again with the inclusion of Fantastic Four & XMen.

~D
 -  
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote:
AllenGould wrote: Somewhere there is a room full of Disney execs with their faces literally STUFFED with crow.
The "conspiracy" on this, was that Disney only "fired" Gunn to save face b/c the Fox deal was just getting started and some politicians were holding up on it and were against Gunn. So Disney did it with all the intentions of hiring Gunn back, because guess what, the Fox deal is all but officially done (tomorrow by all internet accords 3/20/19). SOOOOO some think this was the thing all along.
I don't know if I buy that, because there are actual real-world contracts involved. I would suspect that Disney had to cough up some money (or future favors) to compensate Gunn for the firing - especially if this was planned as a PR move (because Gunn basically takes the brunt of everything to make Disney look good). Of course, I guess Disney has money to spare, so who knows...

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: I don't know if I buy that, because there are actual real-world contracts involved. I would suspect that Disney had to cough up some money (or future favors) to compensate Gunn for the firing - especially if this was planned as a PR move (because Gunn basically takes the brunt of everything to make Disney look good). Of course, I guess Disney has money to spare, so who knows...
Gunn contract $$ buyout no where near the $$ involved with Fox buyout and the IP and $$ potential it brings :)

~D

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I have now.
I was kinda thinking how I was over the Deadpool crass/4th wall gags. But the ending was fun. :D
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:I have now.
I was kinda thinking how I was over the Deadpool crass/4th wall gags. But the ending was fun. :D
The beginning and end were good, but the middle had the feel of "we don't have any jokes to go here". The arrow shot made me lol, at least.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don't think it was official?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:I don't think it was official?
No, it was just a fan edit.
You could especially tell about 60% through when they kept recycling the same animation of Deadpool on loop. Apparently the animator just got lazy and ran out of new material.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Nope.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

I hope its a 3 hour epic movie!!! All of this hype!!!!!!!!

My heart can't take it, if this movie is a let down!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

~D
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation