A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Seems they are rereleasing the movie with some stuff in the credits (although the movie will be unaltered).

I hope it beats Avatar as highest grossing, because I liked Endgame much more than that average scifi movie.
It still won't beat Avatar once you adjust for inflation.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Seems they are rereleasing the movie with some stuff in the credits (although the movie will be unaltered).

I hope it beats Avatar as highest grossing, because I liked Endgame much more than that average scifi movie.
It still won't beat Avatar once you adjust for inflation.
Yeah, but then at least Gone with the Wind would be higher than Avatar.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
AllenGould wrote: It still won't beat Avatar once you adjust for inflation.
I agree. Its not even top 10 when inflation considered.

Also folks need to remember Avatar did the same exact thing (many years apart).

I honestly wish theyd of done a 5.5 hr movie of IW and Endgame back-to-back showing <3

~D

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
AllenGould wrote: It still won't beat Avatar once you adjust for inflation.
I agree. Its not even top 10 when inflation considered.

Also folks need to remember Avatar did the same exact thing (many years apart).

I honestly wish theyd of done a 5.5 hr movie of IW and Endgame back-to-back showing <3

~D
Would pay for that

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Did anyone go see it? I wanted too but ultimately just didn't have time over the weekend with newborn. I do have tix for Spidey 2 today though.

Anyways, I read up on the spoilers about it, doesn't seem like I missed much, but still curious if anyone went.

Excited that in 1.5 months it comes out on Blu-ray though already! haha

~D
 -  
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote: Anyways, I read up on the spoilers about it, doesn't seem like I missed much, but still curious if anyone went.
Endgame? Yep, saw it, liked it, it's a perfectly good Marvel movie but isn't my favorite.

(And as reviewers locally have pointed out - the curve for "Marvel movie" is significantly higher than for movies in general, so a "good Marvel movie" is still a really good movie.)

(If I had to pick a favorite, I think it'd have to be GOTG 1 - and I'm not sure how much of that is from the opening song where my spouse and I turned to each other with the look of "oh, this is gonna be GOOD".)

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
HoodieDM wrote: Anyways, I read up on the spoilers about it, doesn't seem like I missed much, but still curious if anyone went.
Endgame? Yep, saw it, liked it, it's a perfectly good Marvel movie but isn't my favorite.
The rerelease with "special" features?

~D

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I went. Was planning to but someone else wanted a rewatch to see what they missed. The 'extra stuff' wasn't all that great, but it wasn't bad either. Just over hyped IMHO. Nice Stan Lee tribute, a scene with Hulk that got cut (VFX were about 2/3 finished?), and then a couple minutes from the beginning of Spider-man Far From Home to sorta tie those two movies together.
 -  
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
The rerelease with "special" features?

~D
Oh, heck no. Didn't enjoy it enough to pay theater prices twice. (At least for me personally, that's a *very* high bar - I have surround sound and a theatre-style popcorn maker at home.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation