A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Anyone going to see this one? I feel like it has potential!

TK
CE020FAD-CE37-42C6-9A47-E083CDB1E347.jpeg
CE020FAD-CE37-42C6-9A47-E083CDB1E347.jpeg (180.06 KiB) Viewed 1237 times

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I'll probably wait 'till it's out on vod.
Similar to the new Star Wars stuff I kinda lost faith in what the respective companies are doing with the franchise. At least enough not to be willing to spend money in the theatre only to go home disappointed.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote:I'll probably wait 'till it's out on vod.
Similar to the new Star Wars stuff I kinda lost faith in what the respective companies are doing with the franchise. At least enough not to be willing to spend money in the theatre only to go home disappointed.
FWIW I really enjoyed Solo... more than eps VII or VIII TBH....
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I saw the preview and thought, “I already saw Big.”

Meh.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Kid wants to see it based on the trailer (that we saw at Captain Marvel, funnily enough). Might wait to see how the reviews pan out just to make sure that it's not another DC grimdark and gloomfest.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah Im generally pretty forgiving with movies and have low expectations. But even this was a little "yawn" to me. Probably watch it on Netflix or whatnot.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
AllenGould wrote:Kid wants to see it based on the trailer (that we saw at Captain Marvel, funnily enough). Might wait to see how the reviews pan out just to make sure that it's not another DC grimdark and gloomfest.
What does the trailer need to do to convince you that this will be more of a comedy than a grimdark and gloomfest? There's humor all over it and Levi kills it. He's entirely believable as a thirteen going on thirty. Plus, Cooper Andrews!
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Kid wants to see it based on the trailer (that we saw at Captain Marvel, funnily enough). Might wait to see how the reviews pan out just to make sure that it's not another DC grimdark and gloomfest.
What does the trailer need to do to convince you that this will be more of a comedy than a grimdark and gloomfest?
1. Trailers can lie.
2. Trailers can show every good part of the movie.
3. DC does not have the sort of track record that makes me trust that their movies are good.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
AllenGould wrote:DC does not have the sort of track record that makes me trust that their movies are good.
:thumbsup:
Unfortunately...

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
monty42 wrote:I'll probably wait 'till it's out on vod.
FWIW I really enjoyed Solo... more than eps VII or VIII TBH....
:thumbsup:

I'm fortunate enough that Movie Tavern here in Lexington, KY has $5 Tuesdays. Even on new films that just came out (Captain Marvel is $5 today). So I'll probably go see it for $5 *IF* the movie scores decently...

Sure I'll end up spending another $10-15 on food and a drink, but if you were gonna spend it on dinner anyways, why not add another $5 for a movie?

~D

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Interested. Not sure when I'll b able to make it though...
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Faithful Reader wrote:
What does the trailer need to do to convince you that this will be more of a comedy than a grimdark and gloomfest?
1. Trailers can lie.
2. Trailers can show every good part of the movie.
3. DC does not have the sort of track record that makes me trust that their movies are good.
Their movies without Cavil seem to be well received.

But if it makes you feel better, Ill see it while eating a steak and report back to you.
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote: But if it makes you feel better, Ill see it while eating a steak and report back to you.
You enjoy that steak. ;)

(Honestly, the kid is pretty much the age where I'm gonna stop getting invited to movies, and it's not like I'm gonna run out of media to consume any time soon... )
2024 1E Michigan Regional

Just wanted to say that I have a room reserved fro[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !