A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 120 posts

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Also, I forget, did we ever actually get a scene between Tyrion and Davos where they agree to squash the whole “I incinerated your son” beef?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
In Da Gr0up Chat, I made two guesses.

My first one was Robyn Arryn becomes king, because he’s the only choice that’s not completely unacceptable to one faction or another—everyone can accept him as a completely ineffective placeholder king that everyone can ignore.

My second guess was that Daenerys wins and the 20-year period following Robert’s Rebellion is ultimately remembered as a very eventful but brief interruption in the centuries of Targaryen authoritarian dominance. Jon marries her (essentially trading sex for Sansa’s life). However, Cersei and Jaime are secretly still alive and escaped to Essos, thematically changing places with Viserys and Daenerys.

#2 turned out dead wrong. But I’m claiming partial victory on #1, I just didn’t think Dorne would ever accept a Stark as king.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  

Sansa is really proving herself not to be someone you should trust with family secrets, although I think this time it might have been a worked shoot—Bran’s been running a long con for a while.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
How does Sansa know that?

Ned to Sansa: "Your Brother's been pushed out of t'window. So the main thing you need to take away from this conversation is his dick doesn't work."

Maybe she tested it for him?

"I'm sorry Bran, I've rubbed it as much as I can but it's still floppy as fuck"

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:How does Sansa know that?

Ned to Sansa: "Your Brother's been pushed out of t'window. So the main thing you need to take away from this conversation is his dick doesn't work."

Maybe she tested it for him?

"I'm sorry Bran, I've rubbed it as much as I can but it's still floppy as fuck"
Someone somewhere is doing a HIPAA violation.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Sansa’s epic victory Sunday night was on such a vast scale that no one can even process it.

Sansa came to that meeting in the dragonpit to kick ass and eat lemon cakes.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:Man, glad I never invested too much time into this show. I'd be pissed off from what I've been reading this past week.

~D
Yes, it’s better to not like or enjoy things at all than to risk being disappointed, you weird pseudo-Buddhist.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:Man, glad I never invested too much time into this show. I'd be pissed off from what I've been reading this past week.

~D
Yes, it’s better to not like or enjoy things at all than to risk being disappointed, you weird pseudo-Buddhist.
That's the joy of the digital age. If the show had been the proverbial "all that and a bag of chips", I can still go watch it - I'm just a few years behind. Now I can safely ignore it (or just cherrypick the "good parts").

Life is too short to consume bad media.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote: Yes, it’s better to not like or enjoy things at all than to risk being disappointed, you weird pseudo-Buddhist.
*hands you The Last Jedi"

I'll leave this here....

~D

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
bhosp wrote:

~D
That's the joy of the digital age. If the show had been the proverbial "all that and a bag of chips", I can still go watch it - I'm just a few years behind. Now I can safely ignore it (or just cherrypick the "good parts").

Life is too short to consume bad media.
You’ll never get to argue about everyone’s dumb fan theories in real time. It’ll never be the same.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
HoodieDM wrote:
bhosp wrote: Yes, it’s better to not like or enjoy things at all than to risk being disappointed, you weird pseudo-Buddhist.
*hands you The Last Jedi"

I'll leave this here....

~D
If you think The Last Jedi was “bad” in such an uncomplicated way where you can drop its name as some kind of argument ender in this context, you would be *really* annoyed to hear my take on it.

The Last Jedi was bad because it didn’t lean *far enough* into the stuff the internet crybabies hated. Like Michael Burnham, it instigated boldly, but second-guessed.

True Renism has never been tried.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.