A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Latok wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote: Does it count if the movie has a 35% critic rating but a 90% viewer rating?
Mine's similar because I like almost every Denzel Washington movie
I can't believe Man on Fire got such low matos. I really liked it. But, like you, I like almost everything Denzel does.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:My wife had a much easier time with the challenge:

The Core. She loves disaster movies.
:thumbsup:

For the 22nd time in a row, everyone on Earth is dead. Let's take a little quiet time, and you all are going to try this again.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within got a panning

I liked it.
You're the 2nd here. Let me be the 3rd. I think I went to see it 3x in cinema, the only time I ever did that. (Saw a handful of films 2x in cinema.) Then, saw it a few times from DVD.
I really don't have much interest in seeing that film now, anymore (while I will still see the other 2 films I mentioned, prolly, a few times) but I certainly find FFTSW a lot better than "bad". :thumbsup:

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I can find a handful of sci fi movies that I don't remember being that horrible that getting totally panned on Rotten Tomatoes.

I think the genre overall is underappreciated by the mainstream.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:I can find a handful of sci fi movies that I don't remember being that horrible that getting totally panned on Rotten Tomatoes.
Such as Pandorum, I see now. Don't make me laugh. It's not original, but it's a great movie. (The only thing wrong with it, is the darkness. I like to see a movie, not just hear it. But brightness controls fix that.) Add it to my "critics are wrong" list. :thumbsup:
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Wow that was easy - apparently super troopers which blows my mind it has a 35 score. People hate to laugh I guess... no wait, this is the same country that still thinks the blue collar comedy guys are funny....so it does make sense....
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I find that shocking. Is that 35 audience or critics?

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:Wow that was easy - apparently super troopers which blows my mind it has a 35 score. People hate to laugh I guess... no wait, this is the same country that still thinks the blue collar comedy guys are funny....so it does make sense....
That's mine too, but it feels like it hardly counts with an audience score of 90%.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hoss-Drone wrote:Wow that was easy - apparently super troopers which blows my mind it has a 35 score. People hate to laugh I guess... no wait, this is the same country that still thinks the blue collar comedy guys are funny....so it does make sense....
"Hey... bear f***er! Do you need assistance?"
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I strongly agree with commdecker on Paycheck and a couple other Phillip K. Dick movies. Unfortunately, when I tried to use those as my answer on Facebook, a friend pointed out that the XKCD challenge requires "adulthood," and I wasn't an adult until June 2007 -- past the expiration date for most of these.

I wish there was a nice big easy-to-load list of Rotten Tomato scores for all movies. There are many movies I like, but guessing which ones were panned and finding their Tomato scores is hard.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Yeah you win. Shut it down.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: I wish there was a nice big easy-to-load list of Rotten Tomato scores for all movies. There are many movies I like, but guessing which ones were panned and finding their Tomato scores is hard.
There kinda is - from the main RT page, go to "Browse All" (Movies & DVDs -> DVD & Streaming Movies), and then there's a page where you can filter by genre and rating (so you can remove all the 50+ ratings). Still not the greatest system, but better than trying names one at a time.
Is Sedis a captain?

It wasn’t deemed important at the time.

(I personally file "2E did it" in the s[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]