A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Boffo97 wrote:In CBA negotiation news, the NFL is considering changing the playoff format from the top 6 teams in each conference to the top 7. If this change is approved, it would take effect in the 2021 season.

Had this been in effect last year, the Packers would have hosted the Rams and the Chiefs would have hosted the Steelers during Wild Card Weekend rather than getting Byes. The 49ers and Ravens still would have gotten Byes.

I'm not sure how good an idea this is. As a Rams fan, sure, they would have been a playoff team technically, but I'm not sure what kind of realistic chance to advance they would have had, particularly with the O-Line issues.
The whole thing smacks of "we need to get more teams in the playoffs so more of the larger markets make more money".

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:In CBA negotiation news, the NFL is considering changing the playoff format from the top 6 teams in each conference to the top 7. If this change is approved, it would take effect in the 2021 season.

Had this been in effect last year, the Packers would have hosted the Rams and the Chiefs would have hosted the Steelers during Wild Card Weekend rather than getting Byes. The 49ers and Ravens still would have gotten Byes.

I'm not sure how good an idea this is. As a Rams fan, sure, they would have been a playoff team technically, but I'm not sure what kind of realistic chance to advance they would have had, particularly with the O-Line issues.
The whole thing smacks of "we need to get more teams in the playoffs so more of the larger markets make more money".
Isn't there already revenue sharing in place?

I'm not versed in the details, but if the NFL playoff games are everywhere, what's the difference between higher ratings in New York and higher ratings in Kansas City?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:
I heard an argument that the big change is that wild card week moves from 4 to 6 games, and they're hoping that more of the games will be worth watching. I suspect moving the pre-season game to regular season (4-16 to 3-17) is the money-maker.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The NFL has made its Game Pass service free through the end of May. Obviously, no games are going on, but you can watch all of last season's games and a lot of documentaries and stuff too. They're not even requiring a credit card to sign up, just make an account.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/packages

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
New Rams logos. Love the colors. Hate the actual logos.

Maybe they'll grow on me though.
Attachments:
90979980_10217366663906714_2411347012529160192_o.jpg
90979980_10217366663906714_2411347012529160192_o.jpg (57.16 KiB) Viewed 942 times

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Too soon?
Attachments:
EjgY11NWkAEoOsT.jpg
EjgY11NWkAEoOsT.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 662 times
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]