A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Which prequel did you mean there
, Allan?
(If you mean ep.8, I think I was so angry about the rehash, plot and character horrors, that I wasn't able to notice anything else. See my various rants elsewhere. :shifty: )
I won't presume to speak for Allen; but in the vast majority of discussions I see the following is used:

Ep. I-III - prequel trilogy
Ep. IV-VI - original trilogy
Ep. VII-IX - sequel trilogy
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Which prequel did you mean there, Allan?
(If you mean ep.8, I think I was so angry about the rehash, plot and character horrors, that I wasn't able to notice anything else. See my various rants elsewhere. :shifty: )
I read it as eps I-III. And he's not wrong.
I meant 1-3 - the movies that killed careers (there's interviews about how post-Wars one of her older directors had to vouch that yes, she's actually a good actress and you should cast her.)

At least in 7-8-9 the actors are actually, y'know, *acting*. I think Adam Driver is a terrible choice for Han and Leia's kid - and they put ZERO effort into giving him any sort of characterization to show that - the cocky shrug at the end of RoS was reportedly Driver ad-libbing), but I'm not gonna say he wasn't working his ass off to with what he was given.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
I thought Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was excellent. I have actually re-watched it several times. As far as I am concerned, that's the only new Star Wars film to come out since Return of the Jedi that I have really enjoyed. Against that movie, Rise of Skywalker was mediocre, but not terrible.

:twocents:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Armus wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Which prequel did you mean there, Allan?
I read it as eps I-III. And he's not wrong.
I meant 1-3 - the movies that killed careers (there's interviews about how post-Wars one of her older directors had to vouch that yes, she's actually a good actress and you should cast her.)

At least in 7-8-9 the actors are actually, y'know, *acting*. I think Adam Driver is a terrible choice for Han and Leia's kid - and they put ZERO effort into giving him any sort of characterization to show that - the cocky shrug at the end of RoS was reportedly Driver ad-libbing), but I'm not gonna say he wasn't working his ass off to with what he was given.
When Driver is given good material to work with, he can do a pretty great job delivering. I think this scene in Marriage Story is an example of what he can do with a scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-63KF_xFYRw

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]