A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
As I'm no longer a playtester and I no longer support the CC with money, I don't have a premium membership anymore.

So if anybody wants to buy my vote, just buy me a one month premium membership and let me know who you want in and out.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Nevermind people, the vote has already been sold.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
monty42 wrote: I no longer support the CC with money, I don't have a premium membership anymore.
You too huh?

It's not so bad, not being involved :)

The game is still good though, thanks for your service as a playtester. SOmeone did something right

Honest
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
monty42 wrote: So if anybody wants to buy my vote.
Seems like as good an answer as any to the PoR question about having more democracy around here... :?

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Seems like as good an answer as any to the PoR question about having more democracy around here... :?
You could argue that giving Green Badges free premium membership was also the CC buying votes for themselves

Honest

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
AllenGould wrote:
I got my answer to that question three days ago.
 -  
Community Contributor
Honest wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
You could argue that giving Green Badges free premium membership was also the CC buying votes for themselves
This is closer to me starting up some sockpuppets accounts for my family members and buying myself some extra "democracy".

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
AllenGould wrote:This is closer to me starting up some sockpuppets accounts for my family members and buying myself some extra "democracy".
Haven't you watched the PoRs? The XO's made it very clear that she runs a company, not a democracy.
So people should just stop clinging to the dream of a democracy and just buy their way to power.
It also seems a lot more 'murican to me.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
[/quote]

This is closer to me starting up some sockpuppets accounts for my family members and buying myself some extra "democracy".[/quote]

I don't quite understand that sentence. However, if the fear is people startign up sock puppet accounts to vote out people, the sock puppet thing works both ways. Incumbents can do the same.

If CC members had to pay cash to vote, like everyone else, then the problem goes away, and we either get a fairer system, or money $$$ through the CC till. I can't see much downside to either outcome

Honest
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
I think you're preaching to the choir on this one -- Allen's been a longtime advocate for requiring all CC members to pay their dues to cast a vote.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I think you're preaching to the choir on this one -- Allen's been a longtime advocate for requiring all CC members to pay their dues to cast a vote.
Then I agree with him!

Honest
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote:I think you're preaching to the choir on this one -- Allen's been a longtime advocate for requiring all CC members to pay their dues to cast a vote.
I cannot speak for the rest of the Board, but I know I donated a lot more than the minimum $5 to the CC in the past year. And that is simple monetary donations, to say nothing of the donations we have all made in terms of time.
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:
I cannot speak for the rest of the Board, but I know I donated a lot more than the minimum $5 to the CC in the past year. And that is simple monetary donations, to say nothing of the donations we have all made in terms of time.
I donate in the years I get a free sub. There's a lot of folks who sink a lot of hours keeping this place running as well as it does, but donated time doesn't pay the server bill or get the pretty foils printed and mailed.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I think most volunteers should get to keep their free memberships. People deserve compensation for their time, meager though it is.

But I would have no problem giving mine up as a board member, and paying for it out of pocket.

-crp
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0