A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:34 pm Also, a local preschool did a fire drill and a driver was irked by a lot of the kids didn't have a mask on. This person shouted at the kids and adults while driving around the building. Multiple times. It got bad enough that the staff eventually brought the kids in early. Police explained to this guy that kids three or under didn't need a mask.
I'm surprised they're doing drills at all - my kid's school is still deciding, on the grounds of "do we drill on something that might happen, at the risk of exposing kids to an active threat?". Last I heard they were leaning to tell the kids what the exit plan is, but without doing the full-dress drill.
 -  
Community Contributor
https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/cinema ... per-screen

Sadly not available here in Canada, but that's kinda tempting for a small group. (And also just the swag of "we rented ourselves a theatre for date night").
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:11 pm https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/cinema ... per-screen

Sadly not available here in Canada, but that's kinda tempting for a small group. (And also just the swag of "we rented ourselves a theatre for date night").
That's darn tempting. Too bad the choice of movies sucks.
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 pm That's darn tempting. Too bad the choice of movies sucks.
Their site says there's 50 classics plus some new, but it varies by theatre. And since the closest to me is #NA! I can't see the list. :(

I can't remember if I saw Nightmare Before Christmas in theatres, so I wouldn't hate that.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:44 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:31 pm That's darn tempting. Too bad the choice of movies sucks.
Their site says there's 50 classics plus some new, but it varies by theatre. And since the closest to me is #NA! I can't see the list. :(

I can't remember if I saw Nightmare Before Christmas in theatres, so I wouldn't hate that.
That one would be pretty cool. I'd take my sister-in-law to that one. It's her favorite movie.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I just saw the movie thing, if I had enough friends close by would be all over it!

Really want theaters back open, I'm ready to throw money at overpriced concessions.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
ntimmons wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:59 pm May we all live in interesting times....
You know that’s a curse, right?

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:47 am I just saw the movie thing, if I had enough friends close by would be all over it!

Really want theaters back open, I'm ready to throw money at overpriced concessions.
My wife's family rented out a theatre last month because there were a bunch of people with October birthdays. We watched the original Ghostbusters and ate too many snacks.

I want to do it again or something similar in December when my family has all the birthdays.
 -  
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:47 am I just saw the movie thing, if I had enough friends close by would be all over it!

If they were available here at that price, 50-75 bucks per person for a date night (and a pretty cool one - have a whole theatre to yourself?) isn't that outrageous. Live theatre or performance tickets are easily in that range.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've been to a (near-)empty film theatre a few times in my life, and each time it was awesome. Last of those, I saw Interstellar in a hall with only 1 or 3 other people. Somehow, it was a much more immersive experience. Solaris was sort of the same... blew me away.

But the only way I'd pay EVEN MORE than what they charge already here, is when I'll get a remote control to turn down the volume a lot (I usually have to wear ear plugs :? ) and to pause and rewind! :lol:

But still, great idea. :thumbsup:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
In case anyone would like to know what it's like living in the number 1 cases per capita place in the world I'll give this testimonial:

Last night I was watching football and during a commercial break this was the sequence of commercials-

1. South Dakota quitline. Call x to get help with quitting smoking.
2. Roll and Smoke. "South Dakota number 1 place for loose, tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, grinders, rollers, vape pens, ejuice, functional glass and hookas!"
3. Kristi Noem here to remind everyone that we are doing great here in SD to manage the spread of covid-19. Please remember to be safe and wash your hands.
4. Quick news break - SD sees largest increase in new cases and deaths yet. Story after the game.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:19 pm In case anyone would like to know what it's like living in the number 1 cases per capita place in the world I'll give this testimonial:
This morning, Youtube had an ad for the board game Pandemic. Said ad did not feature players doing anything close to social distancing.

Not going to lie, puked a little in my mouth.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]