A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
JeBuS wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:04 pm For me:
Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to Illinois, we think you’re behind 10.5 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Cook County, you’re behind 4.2 million others.
We can stand next to each other in the national line. I'll bring a Trek deck.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Everybody behind you two are kids, lol.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:01 pm From the New York Times, Americans, where are you in line for a vaccine?

I'm behind 2.1 million other people in my county, for the record.
Does you have a different definition of Teacher than I do?

I'm near the front ... of the end of the line!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Since I work for a healthcare provider and am classified as an essential healthcare worker I answered that way....and am 6th in line in the picture. This is not surprising as the word is that all hospital employees will be innoculated in order to help with the very large task of innoculating everyone (even if we don't interact with patients).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:19 pm Since I work for a healthcare provider and am classified as an essential healthcare worker I answered that way....and am 6th in line in the picture. This is not surprising as the word is that all hospital employees will be innoculated in order to help with the very large task of innoculating everyone (even if we don't interact with patients).
Interesting. Do you interact with the people that interact with patients (doctors, nurses, front line administrators, etc.)?

If so, I could see how leaving you out could create a backdoor entry point for the virus.

I'm like 23.something million back in the stack. That's OK though; I've been working from home since March and don't have a great need to interact with much of humanity. :wink:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm assuming I'll be one of the last (depending on who you believe, Canada expects to be done between Sept-Dec 2021). Which is fine - I'll just book vacation after that. :D

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:32 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:19 pm Since I work for a healthcare provider and am classified as an essential healthcare worker I answered that way....and am 6th in line in the picture. This is not surprising as the word is that all hospital employees will be innoculated in order to help with the very large task of innoculating everyone (even if we don't interact with patients).
Interesting. Do you interact with the people that interact with patients (doctors, nurses, front line administrators, etc.)?

If so, I could see how leaving you out could create a backdoor entry point for the virus.

I'm like 23.something million back in the stack. That's OK though; I've been working from home since March and don't have a great need to interact with much of humanity. :wink:
On a day to day basis I do not. I work in our large business and administration building half the city away from the campus.

However, your comment on the back door is exactly why i think I would still get innoculated:

1. Company policies: it's best practice and best optics for all of us to be safe before we start bringing people in en masse. We've come under scrutiny after the CBS this morning interviews with our now former CEO and our chief safety officer getting fired by the new CEO just bc she talked to cbs in that same interview.
2. I don't interact with the main hospital but the executives do, they go to the hospital all the time and if they want as much protection as possible, eliminate all vectors.
3. Disease vector elimination is already company policy as is company wide innoculations for the flu, etc. New vaccines are not mentioned in the policy but it's reasonable to assume the policy would be expanded.
4. The call for voluntary OT to do support work was already put out weeks ago and I volunteered same day. I would assume that I would be innoculated just bc they don't want the very people getting the work done going down.

I still expect though that within the company the order will still go- non covid patients, then nurses, then doctors, then main campus support staff, then executives (bc of course...) Then all other employees.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The FDA just approved the vaccine for use!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
How the COVID vaccine works, courtesy of XKCD and Star Wars.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
So it's finally going to be my turn for the vaccine tomorrow. From the disclaimer papers I had to sign, I'll either be getting Moderna or Pfizer.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Congrats!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I’m oh so close to being eligible. Availability opens up to us in higher ed on Monday!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
eberlems wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:09 am The evening just after my first dose wasn't the best. But back to normal the next day.
Yay!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]