A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Last month, my wife was immunized (Pfizer). She had minor soreness with the first shot but was fine the next day. The second shot made her feel sore, slightly nauseous and generally crappy. She felt better the next morning. Pretty much in line with what most people experienced.

I got my 1st shot (Pfizer) a couple of days ago and had no problems at all. Pretty much forgot about it until I got ready for bed and noticed the band-aid on my upper arm.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:27 am I’m oh so close to being eligible. Availability opens up to us in higher ed on Monday!
Huh, maybe it's just a different locality thing because I'm getting it today due to being a substitute teacher in K-12, which I would think you'd be a bit higher in the pecking order than that.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:27 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:27 am I’m oh so close to being eligible. Availability opens up to us in higher ed on Monday!
Huh, maybe it's just a different locality thing because I'm getting it today due to being a substitute teacher in K-12, which I would think you'd be a bit higher in the pecking order than that.
Elementary school kids need someone watching them while mom and dad work. It's more important for them to get back to in-person learning, so mom and dad can get back to work, than for my students to be in the classroom. My students are adults. They watch themselves.

FWIW, my classes are completely remote through the summer. It's not urgent that I get the vaccine, except in the general urgency that everyone should get vaccinated ASAP.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
And in case anyone's curious, I got the Moderna vaccine.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I have an appointment for this Friday for my first shot (Pfizer). I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited!

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:22 pm I have an appointment for this Friday for my first shot (Pfizer). I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited!
Excellent! Do you have any tips for getting an appointment in Cook County? Every time I try there is nothing available.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I just got my first dose! I have my second appointment scheduled for April 14th. Woohoo!

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MrVorlon wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:22 pm I have an appointment for this Friday for my first shot (Pfizer). I'm soooooooooooooooooooo excited!
Excellent! Do you have any tips for getting an appointment in Cook County? Every time I try there is nothing available.
The same way you get anything that everyone wants on the internet: Create a bot.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
sevencrdspud wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:43 am
MrVorlon wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm
The same way you get anything that everyone wants on the internet: Create a bot.
I read a story about a 13-year-old in Evanston who built an appointment finder website so his granny could get an appointment. I'm trying to find the website or the article and failing miserably.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Iron Prime wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:00 pm This one?

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2021/03/1 ... ments.html
Nope. It was a similar story for a kid who lives in the Chicago area, though. Thanks for looking.

Oh, finally found it!
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:10 amI just got my first dose! I have my second appointment scheduled for April 14th. Woohoo!
Cool. You'll be completely vaccinated the day before vaccinations are available to me in California. Man, I can't wait.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Since appointments are opening up for us, the second shot is no joke. Speaking only for my department, all but one of the seven people who took the shot had symptoms after the second one. Mine lasted only a day (and did not hit me until the next day) but if you and your family/co-workers want to stagger them, it might not be a bad idea.

Not a medical professional and speaking only from personal experience with Moderna.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Is anyone participating in the CDC's v-safe program? I signed up because I can rarely pass up a chance to participate in some citizen science.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:33 pm Is anyone participating in the CDC's v-safe program? I signed up because I can rarely pass up a chance to participate in some citizen science.
Yep, I did that when I got mine. I'm down to one message a week now just to ask if I've gotten COVID since my second shot. But I'm always happy to help science things.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]