A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
A silver lining: I’m free to play 1E, 2E or Tribbles over Lackey pretty much any time of day or night now for the next month!

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
jadziadax8 wrote:I also get to be a stay-at-home mom at the same time. Talk about lack of work-life balance. :?
I'd say that still works out pretty well for you, doesn't it.
I know of a lot of instances among friends and family where schools and kindergardens are closed but both parents still have to work. And some of them don't have any grandparents left where they could drop the kids off.
This is starting to turn into a real problem here.
AllenGould wrote:
monty42 wrote:Oh boy, this shit got dark in a hurry.
Not all of us are lucky enough to live somewhere with good health care...
Not what I meant. That was a reaction to Nerdo's Nazi post.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:A silver lining: I’m free to play 1E, 2E or Tribbles over Lackey pretty much any time of day or night now for the next month!
Build a 1e golden age deck and I'll play you :P

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I got a hunch this will hit America very hard. So good luck and please stay safe.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
monty42 wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:I also get to be a stay-at-home mom at the same time. Talk about lack of work-life balance. :?
I'd say that still works out pretty well for you, doesn't it.
Agreed. Compared to a lot of people I have it good. Chicago Public Schools and the City of Chicago are looking at how to provide appropriate child care for parents who still have to work. When our governor closed all schools, he said the state would implement a delivery program for students who qualify for free or reduced cost meals at school.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
@jadiaza Utah has done the same, they are allowing parents to designate alternative parents to help with the food part. As they cannot currently support deliverying the food to the students directly but they will allow designated parents to pick up the food for students for both lunch and breakfast

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
I work as a medical doctor in a GP office.

At least until now, I haven't gotten infected, but that could change every day.
I cannot lay down my work, I cannot work from home.

Oh and we have no material to protect ourself (just a small handful of reserves for emergencies), because all the material got bought out over a month ago, virtually nationwide.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:I understand there are people that care only for themselves. "Corona will get only the old ones.", they say. Maybe they hate their parents and grandparents. Oh and what great joy when they finally die. Wait, wait, wait. People with weak immune systems don´t need to be 60+! So this is the perfect opportunity to get rid of people deserving their disregard.

This could be a great advertisement for a job in your local Nazi club. "How to get rid of the old and useless as well as sick and underhuman." Only the strong shall survive.

And all the people talking bullshit like this, think they are the strong ones. While actually they are weak and pathetic. Not even considering what they can do with their words, chosen without any wisdom or compassion.

But let me assure this: I am always happy when people do that. They make my life easier by showing me very clearly which end of their spine they use to think!!!
OK, I'm in a shitty mood now, so I'm just going to ask... are you seriously calling me (and others) a Nazi because we don't want to live in a government lockdown?!?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Marquetry wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:I understand there are people that care only for themselves. "Corona will get only the old ones.", they say. Maybe they hate their parents and grandparents. Oh and what great joy when they finally die. Wait, wait, wait. People with weak immune systems don´t need to be 60+! So this is the perfect opportunity to get rid of people deserving their disregard.

This could be a great advertisement for a job in your local Nazi club. "How to get rid of the old and useless as well as sick and underhuman." Only the strong shall survive.

And all the people talking bullshit like this, think they are the strong ones. While actually they are weak and pathetic. Not even considering what they can do with their words, chosen without any wisdom or compassion.

But let me assure this: I am always happy when people do that. They make my life easier by showing me very clearly which end of their spine they use to think!!!
OK, I'm in a shitty mood now, so I'm just going to ask... are you seriously calling me (and others) a Nazi because we don't want to live in a government lockdown?!?
Don't bother. He clearly lost his shit over something.
He'll soon try to cover it up by telling us it was another one of his psychological experiments...^^
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yeah, I keep getting reminded that "self-isolation" is just... my usual working from home. I'm actually starting to get a bit jealous of the folks who are planning movie marathons and catching up on reading and playing Trek games at all hours. ;)

Schools are still open for now up here. Current fight is getting the arenas to pay their staff (Edmonton is, Calgary isn't, which seems quite dumb for a team that's in the middle of getting the public to build them a new arena...)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Well it's been almost 39 years but I never lost faith that the day would come when being an indoorsie nerd would play out as an advantage!

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
monty42 wrote:Well it's been almost 39 years but I never lost faith that the day would come when being an indoorsie nerd would play out as an advantage!
It always does when you meet a hot nerdy indoorsie. (Yes, they exist.)

But now, not going mad staying at home is a Darwinian advantage ... who would have thought.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
when the dinasours where killed, our ancestors where actually kind of little mice. yeah good to still have that gene set ;)

Spain closes shops.

supermarked here has only 60% of the food left. but no killings yet... i even got another pack of toilett paper :D
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
The Library is closing for the next two weeks. We’re picking up stuff to do right now.

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]