A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
And some people aren't going to be happy until they can be with their loved ones again, border needs to damn well open up.

And yes, I am restraining myself to a low percent of how I'm actually feeling.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote:And some people aren't going to be happy until they can be with their loved ones again, border needs to damn well open up.

And yes, I am restraining myself to a low percent of how I'm actually feeling.
It's ok Amber.... Go ahead....

:wink:

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Haha... thanks, I actually got a smile from that ;)

Edit: Have you seen the very ending of Witcher, with Yennefer? I feel like I want to do that.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote:And some people aren't going to be happy until they can be with their loved ones again, border needs to damn well open up.
I feel ya - still haven't seen my grandma yet this summer, because we can't cross into BC yet.

We're lucky as hell here (both of us still working, enough space that we're not sick of each other - or sick in general), but it's still irksome to have our first free summer in ages (since the oil companies are all locked down and saving money, Kim's work season is pretty much kaput), so now we have lots of free weeks... and no-where to go.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
And as someone who lives in BC, which has I think one of the best records on controlling the pandemic of any jurisdiction in the world with a population of at least five million (with, I would add, far less stringent control measures than most places*), I would very much rather not have my province's borders open to places that have demonstrably worse records.

Does it suck? Sure. Does it suck more than having a pandemic spread like wildfire through the population and my provincial government having to enact stronger controls? Nope.

*New Zealand is better, of course, but they went full, hard lockdown for a month to do it.

EDIT: Also, as a matter of political reality (further explanation can be asked for in the Bar), no minority government in a parliamentary democracy is going to go against 70%+ of its population.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I think this year as a whole has turned us all into this:

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Yeah, pretty much.

Still not willing to sacrifice my province's luck and good government, though.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think the best comment I saw online was that the lack of time travelers coming back to 2020 to fix things proves we won't invent time travel... :shifty:
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:I think the best comment I saw online was that the lack of time travelers coming back to 2020 to fix things proves we won't invent time travel... :shifty:
Nah, the best was to say "Imagine how bad 2020 was before time travelers came back and chose this as the best option."

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like that.
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:I think the best comment I saw online was that the lack of time travelers coming back to 2020 to fix things proves we won't invent time travel... :shifty:
Nah, the best was to say "Imagine how bad 2020 was before time travelers came back and chose this as the best option."
The version I've heard is that time travellers aren't allowed to come back this far because the vaccine doesn't exist yet and they don't want to catch stuff.

(Or the more generic "if time travel exists, exactly one machine can exist")
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Kind of surprised the entertainment folk haven't gotten animated shows on the air. A great deal can be done remotely.
JeBuS wrote:
"We can delay your late payment, but it'll require a months long wordwide pandemic in order to save you eighty-five cents.'
JeBuS wrote:
I'm more interested in the guy who invented time travel sometime in mid to late 2019 then went forward a year to make sure it worked.
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:Kind of surprised the entertainment folk haven't gotten animated shows on the air. A great deal can be done remotely.
They very well might be, but it takes time to get everything revved up. It has only been four months, after all. And there'll be some lag because folks were waiting to try and get a grasp for how long things were going to run.

It's the same problem a lot of manufacturing has - changing production lines to (for instance) switch from "suitable for commercial use" to "suitable for household use" (and then switching it back when Normalcy returns) costs money, so they're all crunching on whether it's worth it. (Assuming they didn't go into Panic Fire Everyone And Horde The Money mode.)

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'll say one thing about COVID, it's given me a LOT of time to go through my mountain of cards and I've been having a blast getting back into things. I haven't been on the site in eons but glad to see it's as great as ever.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]