A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I've spent some of my downtime with Lego as well.

One of my favorite things to do is this: I start with a base piece, define a line of symmetry on it, then rifle through my collection and add pieces as I either find a pair of matching pieces or a piece that I can put over the line of symmetry and keep both sides matching.

How do I pick pieces? And where do I put them? Whatever feels right at the time.

Eventually, I've created my very own custom spaceship that I can keep adding to as I please.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I prefer Minecraft - less ouchie when they get left out overnight. :D

Anyone else see this report that gangs in Rio are enforcing a curfew? The money quote is "If the government won't do the right thing, organized crime will", which makes me wonder if it's too good to be true.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Edge: cool, it's the Amazing Technicolor Dream Fleet.
Boffo: send us a photo.
Allen: weird news... and perhaps also could have a down side in that if someone was out illegally to help their mother or father out, they wouldn't get beat up or shot by cops (hopefully). But hopefully, the gangs don't do that? Haven't heard about it yet.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote:I prefer Minecraft - less ouchie when they get left out overnight. :D

Anyone else see this report that gangs in Rio are enforcing a curfew? The money quote is "If the government won't do the right thing, organized crime will", which makes me wonder if it's too good to be true.
I only found that on the Daily Mail, so take that report with a grain of salt, Allen.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
On a funny side note, the movie takes place on March 24, 1984. So Happy Detention Day, everyone!
Attachments:
90775755_10222709172097274_7711061210950533120_n.jpg
90775755_10222709172097274_7711061210950533120_n.jpg (39.78 KiB) Viewed 763 times
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I did not recall that The Breakfast Club had a specific date attached to it!

Here's a fantastic site from Johns Hopkins showing worldwide infections. I have used ArcGIS before, and absolutely adore their use of it. You can really drill down any way you'd like. In the US, the infections are listed out by county. I particularly find the "Confirmed" and "Daily Increase" tabs in the lower right corner to be fascinating.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
jadziadax8 wrote:I did not recall that The Breakfast Club had a specific date attached to it!
Right at the beginning, there's text on the bottom of the screen reading "March 24, 1984".

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well air polutions and stuff has gone down quite a bit. always looking on the bight side of things ;)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
SudenKapala wrote:Boffo: send us a photo.
It's nowhere near as nice as Lucas' stuff (especially colorwise) since it's a totally freeform thing and not intended towards a specific goal, but it's oddly fun to do. Also, I have some really weird pieces since I collect Lego Dimensions and got a set of stickers for the tags on various vehicles and stuff, so I disassembled those and added them to my general collection.

Here's my current one. Will likely add to it later.
Attachments:
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG (91.36 KiB) Viewed 715 times

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
The last time I went down that lego rabbit hole, I tried a medieval setting and ended up with this. (The dinosaur is an actual lego kit, I'm terrible when it comes to building creatures myself.)

For the moment, I'm sticking with the SNES Zelda Randomizer, but I might just turn to bricks again...
Attachments:
legodorf_01.jpg
legodorf_01.jpg (198.72 KiB) Viewed 706 times

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
That is a work of art!

Self Isolating certainly agrees with you!

Take care all

Honest
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Kaiser wrote:The last time I went down that lego rabbit hole, I tried a medieval setting and ended up with this.
Magnificent!
Boffo97 wrote:it's a totally freeform thing and not intended towards a specific goal, but it's oddly fun to do.
I enjoy just seeing what I can make with a random fistful. I find it's more relaxing than trying for a specific shape.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:The last time I went down that lego rabbit hole, I tried a medieval setting and ended up with this. (The dinosaur is an actual lego kit, I'm terrible when it comes to building creatures myself.)

For the moment, I'm sticking with the SNES Zelda Randomizer, but I might just turn to bricks again...
Damn, I would like to play a game of Mortheim on there.
Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're right[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]