A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Oh boy, I just did the math because my browser was open when I went to bed. While I was sleeping another 117 people died due to the Corona virus. Its a very alarming feeling. :(
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Covid-related since the big unveiling got scrubbed, but figured this will bring a smile to fellow Canadians (and enlightened foreigners)

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local- ... 1585145318
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote:If you go deep you can find someone who says his foundation patented the coronavirus.
There's a whackjob on my motorcycle messageboard who thinks that 5G caused it. :x
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:If you go deep you can find someone who says his foundation patented the coronavirus.
There's a whackjob on my motorcycle messageboard who thinks that 5G caused it. :x
It's the weefees! You need to get a dreamcatcher, which will prevent the evil weefees from getting into your house!

(If you're running low on podcasts and need some weirder laughs, go check out QWRPline from LoadingReadyRun. And then probably just keep watching their stuff because it's good and they've got like a 15 year back catalog.)
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
It's day 1 of lockdown for us! We're only allowed out to go to the grocery store / pharmacy / hospital, for 21 days.

I live in an apartment block overlooking a busy 4-way intersection, where the whole world stops at some point for petrol (gas), 4am burger after a night out, 24 hour convenience shopping and so on. Clubs are 200m away etc. The full city living experience.

Today I can hear the sound of birds chirping that I can normally only hear at 5am. Birds are much more pleasant at 10am than 5am.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Stay away from hospitals as much as you can please.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
Let's see how many vaccination opponents there are still after this corona pandemic. This is the demo level without vaccinations.

Its my first post here so: Everybody stay healthy, stay home :cheersL:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Johannes Mette wrote:Let's see how many vaccination opponents there are still after this corona pandemic. This is the demo level without vaccinations.
You know, that is a silver lining to this I had not thought of.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
BORIS JOHNSON GOT THE RONA!

Can we all send thoughts and prayers to the virus please? Poor things been infected with Tory.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
sexecutioner wrote:BORIS JOHNSON GOT THE RONA!

Can we all send thoughts and prayers to the virus please? Poor things been infected with Tory.
HA! That reminds me of a joke I saw on the interwebz:

Chuck Norris was exposed to the Coronavirus

The Coronavirus is now self-quarantining for the next 14 Days... :P
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:BORIS JOHNSON GOT THE RONA!

:lol:
 -  
Community Contributor
Johannes Mette wrote:Let's see how many vaccination opponents there are still after this corona pandemic. This is the demo level without vaccinations.
Alas, the virus isn't smart enough to target such people, so you'll get folks who wore their special tinfoil hat, didn't get sick, and treat it as proof.

By Entilzha
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well, I'm hoping everyone here is doing well. These are certainly extraordinary times, but we'll get through it.

There's been talk that social distancing / physical distancing is working in B.C. And that's encouraging news. Add in the fact that there's some clinical trials going on to verify whether some antivirals will help treat COVID-19, and that there is at least one bio-medical company who has used Passive Antibody Therapy to manufacture some meds which are COVID-19 antibodies in pill form. So, there's good reason to be cautiously optimistic.

I know we're all under stressful times, and I'm far from the optimist. But, gotta try to be positive, because the other option isn't too exciting.

Stay home when you can, stay safe; binge watch your favourite shows when you can, and for those who still play, play some Trek online/lackey (is that still a thing?).

Peace out.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Entilzha wrote:
Stay home when you can, stay safe; binge watch your favourite shows when you can, and for those who still play, play some Trek online/lackey (is that still a thing?).
In fact there is heaps of online play coming up.

viewforum.php?f=125
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]