A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Maelwys wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:34 am I'm down to one message a week now just to ask if I've gotten COVID since my second shot.
This is good information because I was wondering how often the messages would continue to come and if I'd need to stop it myself.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:07 am
Maelwys wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:34 am I'm down to one message a week now just to ask if I've gotten COVID since my second shot.
This is good information because I was wondering how often the messages would continue to come and if I'd need to stop it myself.
Yeah, they started out once/day after my first shot, then once I'd been saying "all good" for about a week, they dropped to a once/week check in. Then once I let them know I'd had my second shot, they started daily checkins again, until a week of good results when back down to once/week.
The last one I got (last week) was specifically called my "6-week check-in" (the rest are just "weekly") so I don't know if that means I hit a milestone (6 weeks since second shot) and they'll stop asking me now, or drop it to once/month just to make sure I still haven't caught covid, or what the plan is from here... I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I get another message or not. ;-)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 pm i will get my vaccine on sunday :)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i got shot number 1 yesterday, sore arm today but it is subsiding.

my wife, who is high risk with a weak immune system, got her first last Friday. Was pretty sore yesterday with swollen glands, still has it today but not as bad. Getting better........
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Yay!

My arm was sore for about a day and a half. The day after the shot I had a very sudden attack of total lassitude and fell dead asleep in the middle of the day. I took a micro nap and was fine afterward. It was weird.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:08 pm Yay!

My arm was sore for about a day and a half. The day after the shot I had a very sudden attack of total lassitude and fell dead asleep in the middle of the day. I took a micro nap and was fine afterward. It was weird.
Sounds like you needed a reboot, turned off and back on again. :D
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I now have the Genetically Enhanced keyword.

Disclaimer: Some guy on the Trek FB group pointed out that the shot did not actually alter my DNA. That's true. I'm also unlikely to start World War III, be shipped off the planet in cryogenic stasis, or go on hurting you, Kirk.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:29 pmI'm also unlikely to start World War III,
More important question: are you likely to win it, though? 8) You know I'm on your side. :mrgreen: (How did Joachim put that?) The superior intellect reads the better books, and I wish I was reading the books you read. :lol: (I just don't have so much choice right now... :roll: )
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
But do you task us, Lucas? Do you task us enough that we shall have you?

-crp

PS: I hear the moons of Nibia and the Antares Malestrom are lovely this time of year.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:40 pm More important question: are you likely to win it, though? 8) You know I'm on your side. :mrgreen: (How did Joachim put that?) The superior intellect reads the better books, and I wish I was reading the books you read. :lol: (I just don't have so much choice right now... :roll: )
Man, that last one was waaaay over my head with the physics. I'm back on the Stross now, and it feels so good to read words I at least mostly understand.
MidnightLich wrote:But do you task us, Lucas? Do you task us enough that we shall have you?
I hope so. If not, I'll try harder.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:29 pm I now have the Genetically Enhanced keyword.

Disclaimer: Some guy on the Trek FB group pointed out that the shot did not actually alter my DNA. That's true. I'm also unlikely to start World War III, be shipped off the planet in cryogenic stasis, or go on hurting you, Kirk.
I love the Khan shirt. I, myself, wore my Hazardous Materials shirt for my first shot. :shifty:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:59 pm
edgeofhearing wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:29 pm I now have the Genetically Enhanced keyword.
I love the Khan shirt. I, myself, wore my Hazardous Materials shirt for my first shot. :shifty:
Saw it. That was funny! :lol:
MidnightLich wrote:But do you task us, Lucas? Do you task us enough that we shall have you?
That was hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Second shot is done!
D4AC827B-1AB5-4FAB-B27A-63C69B1E1040.jpeg
D4AC827B-1AB5-4FAB-B27A-63C69B1E1040.jpeg (448.99 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
1EFQ: Game of two halves