A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
  • 611 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:19 pm In case anyone would like to know what it's like living in the number 1 cases per capita place in the world I'll give this testimonial:
That's really horrible.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:19 pm1. South Dakota quitline. Call x to get help with quitting smoking.
2. Roll and Smoke. "South Dakota number 1 place for loose, tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, grinders, rollers, vape pens, ejuice, functional glass and hookas!"
3. Kristi Noem here to remind everyone that we are doing great here in SD to manage the spread of covid-19. Please remember to be safe and wash your hands.
4. Quick news break - SD sees largest increase in new cases and deaths yet. Story after the game.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Out here in California, our statewide daily new cases per 100K population have doubled recently, and as such, the governor has declared an "emergency brake" on reopening plans.

They're redoing their system that determines whether the virus is "Widespread", "Substantial", "Moderate" or "Minimal" in each county, causing many (including mine) to regress in tiers. We are now Widespread again, as is most of the state.

He's also considering a curfew if his experts conclude it would help mitigate the spread.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Why not smoking at this point, people need to have something to do and help calm themselves

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:57 pm Why not smoking at this point, people need to have something to do and help calm themselves
I wouldn't consider an activity that damages your lungs and suppress' your immune system while polluting your body with metals is the best idea during a global respiratory disease.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Don't worry, I'm not going to start or anything. Just definitely not going to judge someone for doing what they need to cope; looking at everything through a mental health lens.

I've started my own methods, just trying to hold on a bit longer.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Marquetry wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 am Don't worry, I'm not going to start or anything. Just definitely not going to judge someone for doing what they need to cope; looking at everything through a mental health lens.

I've started my own methods, just trying to hold on a bit longer.
Don't smoke it! If you need it, chew it!

No way edibles aren't a thing in Seattle, right?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well played, Germany, well played!
Naja, Debakel vom Feinsten. Jogi muss weg. Aber zur EM sind wir wieder da. Ein Spiel hat 90 Minuten und am Ende gewinnt Deutschland.

I am a heavy smoker and yes, smoking sucks. But it is really hard to quit. In Germany the Tobacco-industry is prohibited to do commercials..

Thank you for smoking :). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0jLHvMO20

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:01 pm From the New York Times, Americans, where are you in line for a vaccine?

I'm behind 2.1 million other people in my county, for the record.
This was interesting to put in! But either way, as soon as the public/my group/whatever can get them, I'll be waiting in line... have a feeling some countries might start requiring it for travel, so I'm getting poked as soon as legally able.

"When it comes to Washington, we think you’re behind 440,000 others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Snohomish County, you’re behind 37,800 others."
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Marquetry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:20 pmBut either way, as soon as the public/my group/whatever can get them, I'll be waiting in line... have a feeling some countries might start requiring it for travel, so I'm getting poked as soon as legally able.
Same here. I'm ready to go places again!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
For me:
Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 268.7 million people across the United States.

When it comes to Illinois, we think you’re behind 10.5 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Cook County, you’re behind 4.2 million others.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:51 pm
Marquetry wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:20 pmBut either way, as soon as the public/my group/whatever can get them, I'll be waiting in line... have a feeling some countries might start requiring it for travel, so I'm getting poked as soon as legally able.
Same here. I'm ready to go places again!
I just want to go to a movie theater.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]