A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm shocked this show had the run it did. I gave up on it after Season 1.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:I'm shocked this show had the run it did. I gave up on it after Season 1.
Ditto. Terrible acting and a plot that seemed to purposefully go nowhere, all while teasing about characters we might be interested in seeing cameos of, but not actually getting them...

No thanks.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I actually stuck it through to the end. I kept hoping for something akin to the mind-blowing tie in to The Winter Soldier, but the desire to synergize never really seemed to return. I understand that the storytelling couldn't be a slave to the bigger universe, but that was what made it interesting, even if the first two-thirds of season one meandered. Maybe the scope was too big. You couldn't have world-ending events on par with Avengers encounters without them showing up. The Netflix shows did a better job doing street-level adventures. Time travel and far-flung space adventures might have been a way to keep the crew out of the movie's stories, but it began to feel like it didn't belong.

That being said, the characters were great. I would have been all for a Lower Decks-style, smarmy, back-talking crew of underdogs having some cool fight scenes as they tried to clear the way for the higher ups to do the big jobs. The Age of Ultron tie-in comes to mind. But our characters are all better not being, or really knowing, the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation