A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
There's a manhunt going on right now for people who opened fire on a Synagogue right around the corner from Jazzland.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/europe/v ... index.html

It's eerie looking at pictures of armored vehicles on streets I walked last year. I wandered around that Synagogue one day I was there.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
I just talked to @Clerasil ToB. He is OK. The police searched Jazzland while he was there, which was apparently an interesting experience.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Nothing I wish anyone to experience. They haven't searched Jazzland itself, we've locked us in when the shooting started. One of those motherfuckers tried to get into the club, but gladly he was too stupid to shoot his way through. We have been in contact with the police all the time, asking them after 4 hours locked in if it's ok to open the door to the garage for fresh air...that's when they saw me standing there from the outside, aiming me with their ak's and told me to step forward...slowly. The truth is they acted perfectly, after explaining the situation in the club and the situation of my mother they tried everything they could (they've even discussed a chopper to get her out for a short time...). So yes everything's alright, but the shock is severe...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:52 pm Nothing I wish anyone to experience. They haven't searched Jazzland itself, we've locked us in when the shooting started. One of those motherfuckers tried to get into the club, but gladly he was too stupid to shoot his way through. We have been in contact with the police all the time, asking them after 4 hours locked in if it's ok to open the door to the garage for fresh air...that's when they saw me standing there from the outside, aiming me with their ak's and told me to step forward...slowly. The truth is they acted perfectly, after explaining the situation in the club and the situation of my mother they tried everything they could (they've even discussed a chopper to get her out for a short time...). So yes everything's alright, but the shock is severe...
Holy shit dude! :shock:

I'm so sorry that happened to you and your family. Hopefully everyone is alright! :cross:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:52 pm The truth is they acted perfectly, after explaining the situation in the club and the situation of my mother they tried everything they could (they've even discussed a chopper to get her out for a short time...). So yes everything's alright, but the shock is severe...
Please give your mom a hug from me the next time you see her.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Already received messages from the other regular players of Vienna...everyone's alright

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:36 am Already received messages from the other regular players of Vienna...everyone's alright
:thumbsup:

Glad to hear. Thanks for the update.

My best to the Austrian players and your family.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Clerasil ToB wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:52 pm Nothing I wish anyone to experience. They haven't searched Jazzland itself, we've locked us in when the shooting started. One of those motherfuckers tried to get into the club, but gladly he was too stupid to shoot his way through. We have been in contact with the police all the time, asking them after 4 hours locked in if it's ok to open the door to the garage for fresh air...that's when they saw me standing there from the outside, aiming me with their ak's and told me to step forward...slowly. The truth is they acted perfectly, after explaining the situation in the club and the situation of my mother they tried everything they could (they've even discussed a chopper to get her out for a short time...). So yes everything's alright, but the shock is severe...
What the fuck dude ...
All the best to you guys ...

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Unreal. :( Thanks for taking the time to update us. Is your mother OK?? (I seem to have missed something there -- but please ignore, if it's personal.) All the best for everyone involved! :cross:
(To try to lighten the mood: yes, fresh air can be an important prerequisite at Jazzland :P -- but remembering that, from even the heart of summer, brings back some vivid and very fond memories!! 8) Thanks again for that, to you and all the family and others involved. :cheersL: )
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Glad to hear all are OK. Sending love and hugs to all in Vienna!

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]