A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
The story was amazing, and puts the choice of this year's later expansions in context. I also desperately want the Neon Ink foils, but I will never be able to afford them.

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Those Kamigawa cards are looking real shiny, I was definitely thinking of getting some.

Also very excited for Unfinity because those planet lands look so good and finally MTG will become Galactic Empires.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I only play casually these days but from a story standpoint Kamigawa looks pretty exciting. I may eventually get some to draft. Still sitting on a mountain of sealed product just waiting to be drafted so I'm in no hurry.

My current project is refreshing my modular cube. It's about 2200 cards total (56 modules) and only about 800 are real (it's mostly proxied) so I'm working on getting the more affordable physical cards.

I've also been considering building other cubes:
* a Pauper cube
* a "meh" cube - bad or boring cards only
* a Momir Basic cube - stacks of random creatures sorted by mana value
* a Commander cube? haven't quite worked that out yet

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
Dukat wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:41 am Well ...

30th anniversary edition, anybody? :D

USD 1000 for 4 booster packs and worst case, you get a Veteran Bodyguard or whatever.
:shifty: They just know what people love about Magic, spending the money.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Johannes Mette wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:33 am
Dukat wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:41 am Well ...

30th anniversary edition, anybody? :D

USD 1000 for 4 booster packs and worst case, you get a Veteran Bodyguard or whatever.
:shifty: They just know what people love about Magic, spending the money.
It seems we've reached the plane of end stage capitalism.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Nah ... they will find a way to make another product that is even more expensive.

The real treat here is, that they had almost NO cost to make this product. All cards are already there.
Just a little Photoshop toying and the new borders are in the game.

There is absolutely no reason at all why this product is THIS expensive.
They simply make it this expensive and I am sure it will sell out completely. The whales will buy it and booster packs will most likely be offered for over 500 dollars per pack in a few months.

But you could pull a armstead or such crap in such a booster pack.
For that kind of money, I can just buy some original Reserved List cards and be happy about it.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
the big upside of the 30th anniversary that I've seen so far is that it's helping players accept proxies in some of the groups that didn't before. If WotC is now selling official, overpriced proxies, then it really chips away at the people that were anti-proxy before.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I was just happy to have a reprint OG Serra Angel for going to the prerelease event with my son. :twocents:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hey, where does one go to sell a Magic single for the best price?

My extremely casual-Magic-playing wife (who owns like 200 total cards) cracked a pack and pulled out a complete-foil Sheoldred, the Apocalpyse:

https://www.tcgplayer.com/product/47831 ... pleat-foil

It's all well and good to own a NM card worth $115, but, quite frankly, we'd rather sell it and spend the money on groceries and/or a family trip to the amusement park. But I've never sold a card in my life -- Trek or otherwise--and don't know where to go to get the best price. eBay?

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Whaaat? You never sold any cards? o.O
Wow.
Hard to imagine. I have done that since ... well ... before the Internet :D.

In any event, TCGPlayer is a good place to start. It's also your place to go if your wife needs single cards. (Especially cheap ones ... on eBay, single Commons/Uncommons get pretty expensive, whilst on TCGPlayer, you get them quite cheap.)
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I got into mtg a bit last year. It started with traveling with one commander deck and buying a new single at every new destination. The problem is, I now never lose at my local because people are always trying new things and I just have this one tried and tested build.

Then I got into arena for one set. I think I’ve realised that I don’t actually like magic as a game. There’s nothing that approaches the rush of seeing new cards when you don’t know what’s good, but once you’ve played a whole set it’s the same thing over and over. I’d rather play chess online (which I’ve now gotten into, chess.com’s app is glorious).
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Thanks!
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]