A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

Pick one wnner from each match listed above.

The Can-Am Connection
7%
The Orient Express (Sato and Tanaka)
7%
The Killer Bees
4%
Power and Glory
11%
The Bushwackers
11%
Rhythm and Blues
4%
The Rockers
14%
The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers
No votes
0%
The Mega Powers
14%
The Islanders
No votes
0%
High Energy
11%
The Bolsheviks
4%
The Powers of Pain (pre-Fuji)
No votes
0%
The Twin Towers
14%

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
I grew up watching the stars of the good old days of the WWE, or WWF. My grandfather used to take me to the matches when they would come to Memphis. And, in between, I'd watch all the shows: Wrestling Allstars, All-American Wrestling, Saturday Night's Main Event (when it was on), and of course Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon on Prime Time Wrestling.

Sometimes, when I hit a bout of insomnia, I like to watch old matches from this era. So, I decided to make this little dream-match poll, pitting non-champion tag teams against one-another in a tag team tournament. Vote for your Round One Winner. Each winner will be paired in Round Two, and so far... until we have a winner. I hope you enjoy!

Round One (pick one winner per match)

The Can-Am Connection vs. The Orient Express (Sato and Tanaka)
The Killer Bees vs. Power and Glory
The Bushwackers vs. Rhythm and Blues
The Rockers vs. The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers
The Mega Powers vs. The Islanders
High Energy vs. The Bolsheviks
The Powers of Pain (pre-Fuji) vs. The Twin Towers

There will be a mystery Bye for Round Two - if you'd like to nominate a team for that slot, please feel free. If you'd like to explain your choice of winners, please feel free to do that too.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
This looks like we are going for the mid-card tag teams. We can't very well throw The Hart Foundation at these teams or it will be a squash match. So, I am going to recommend our Bye team be The Natural Disasters. Those were 2 BIG boys, but their in ring work (especially Earthquake's) was pretty solid for their size.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
What about Legion of Doom?

Too mainstream for this show?

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Armus wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:23 pm What about Legion of Doom?

Too mainstream for this show?
He specified teams that were never champions in WWF.

Megabucks for the Mystery Bye team. Why? DiBiase bought a first round bye.

And it'll create flashbacks to the old WWF Superstars arcade game. :)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
As to match winners (in red):

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:26 pm
He specified teams that were never champions in WWF.

Megabucks for the Mystery Bye team. Why? DiBiase bought a first round bye.

And it'll create flashbacks to the old WWF Superstars arcade game. :)
Wait, so is the "Rockers" listed above the team of Michaels & Jannetty from the WWF days (where they were champions) or is supposed to be the "Midnight Rockers" team of AWA et al fame? Same guys, just different time period.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
LORE wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:33 pm Wait, so is the "Rockers" listed above the team of Michaels & Jannetty from the WWF days (where they were champions) or is supposed to be the "Midnight Rockers" team of AWA et al fame? Same guys, just different time period.
Officially, the Rockers were never champions in WWF as a team. They did win a title match once, but it was nullified: Details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rocke ... ontroversy
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:45 pm Officially, the Rockers were never champions in WWF as a team. They did win a title match once, but it was nullified: Details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rocke ... ontroversy
I love reading wrestling history, because so often the writers get fuzzy on which parts were plot and which parts were reality. :shifty:

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Just my opinion...

The Orient Express was a solid, mid-card technical team. However, the Can-Ams were on a clear championship trajectory and would have held the straps had they not split. At WrestleMania III they made Bob Ornton and Don Muraco, two of the Rock n Wrestling era's main baddies, look like rookies. Plus, Martel is a former AWA champ and co-holder of the WWF Tag Team title on three occasions. Edge: Can-Am Connection.

The Killer Bees were the original high-flyers. In terms of skill and experience they are clearly the superior team. But, Power and Glory weren't slouched either. Bret Hart is rumored to have remarked privately that they were one of the best tag teams he'd ever seen. Plus, Power and Glory fought dirty - they showed no hesitation to put Sean Michaels out of commission at Summer Slam 1990. Edge: Power and Glory.

Honky Tonk Man was a former IC champ - the longest reigning IC champ - and one of those heels everyone loved to hate. Valentine was also a former IC champ and co-holder of the WWF Tag Team title. But, by the Rhythm and Blues days, their WWF careers were winding down. The Bushwackers were unpredictable and had a knack for throwing their opponents off their game. And they often beat teams that were clearly technically superior. Edge: Bushwackers.

In this case, both teams are high-flyer technically-skilled teams with great cohesion. I could easily see either team wearing the gold at some point (and the Rockers unofficially did for a couple of days - their reign is not part of the official record). However, when the Rockers were on their double-team game, there were few teams better. And, when facing teams their own size, the Rockers were quite formidable. Edge: Rockers.

It's hard to argue against a team with two world champions on it, even if their own egos got in the way of them being a more active team. Islanders were tough and a great team - they could easily have been champs. But, against Hulkemania and the Madness, not even the Brain could save them. Edge: Mega Powers.

Owen Hart and Koko B. Ware were two high flyers, and Owen Hart was perhaps one of the WWF's foremost technical wrestlers (as the Blue Blazer he executed some truly amazing moves in the ring). Koko B. Ware was also tough and often held his own against bigger and more powerful opponents, even if he did eventually come up short. The Bolsheviks were a powerful team, but slow. In the end, speed would be the deciding factor in this match. Edge: High Energy.

In their pre-Fuji days, the Powers of Pain were intended to be the WWF's answer to the Legion of Doom. But, despite the fact they were a formidable and talented presence in the ring, they could never translate that to real success. The Twin Towers were just awesome, I remember watching them absolutely squash the Rockers at WrestleMania V. And the Twin Towers were a team that anyone could have believed were actually capable of beating the Mega Powers. Edge: Twin Towers.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation