A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

Pick one winner per match in Round 2 of my WWE/WWF Insomnia Poll

The Bushwackers
No votes
0%
The Rockers
29%
The Mega Powers
35%
High Energy
No votes
0%
The Twin Towers
12%
The Mega Bucks
24%

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Thanks for who voted in Round 1. Based on your votes, we have the following match results:

Match 1: The Can-Am Connection and the Orient Express wrestle to a draw.
Match 2: Power and Glory defeats the Killer Bees.
Match 3: The Bushwachers defeat Rhythm and Blues.
Match 4: The Rockers defeat The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers.
Match 5: The Mega Powers defeat the Islanders.
Match 6: High Energy defeats the Bolsheviks.
Match 7: The Twin Towers defeat The Powers of Pain.

Based on your comments, I have decided to bring in The Mega Bucks as the team that got the first round bye. Again, since I specified in the beginning that I was only drawing from non-championship teams, this seemed like a great choice.

This means that for Round 2, the pairings will be as follows:

Power and Glory have a bye to the next round as there was no winner in the Can-Am/Orient express match.
Match 1: The Bushwackers vs. The Rockers
Match 2: The Mega Powers vs. High Energy
Match 3: The Twin Towers vs. The Mega Bucks

Some very interesting match-ups here. Remember, pick one winner per match. I'll run this poll for 4 days. Feel free to make your case or speculate on how the matches would go in the comments.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Rockers/Bushwhackers: I'd be surprised if this match ever took place in real life despite both teams being active at the same time, with the Bushwhackers being a low card comedy act and the Rockers being a more serious tag team, and both teams being faces. That said, I'll take the Rockers here.

Mega Powers/High Energy: Man, would it be difficult for Hogan and Savage not to come off as bullies here given the positioning of both teams. The only way High Energy wins is if Elizabeth gets kidnapped and the Mega Powers run off after her and get counted out or something equally screwy. Mega Powers take the obvious win here otherwise.

The Twin Towers/Mega Bucks: Everybody's got a price. Well, near everybody. Slick's got one. Akeem's got one. But the Big Boss Man CANNOT BE BOUGHT, leading on his partner turning on him. Boss Man loses an essentially 3 on one match and the Mega Bucks move on.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]