A place for complete-off-topic conversations that have nothing to do with Star Trek. The rules still apply here, stay civil.

By Entilzha
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, quite the trying year. And no, I'm not dead yet.

COVID hit. Started working from home in March. Got laid off from my job in June. Spent the next 4.5 months looking, without any success (not even an interview).

My wife's best friend from the old country caught COVID. I had a tachycardia event which required a quick trip to the ER. One of my closest friends committed suicide. Left behind a wife and 2 young boys.

At least one thing went my way. I'm unofficially employed again. I'll be working remotely from home on it. Hopefully it becomes official in the next day or two.

Of course, now that I've posted it, it probably means it'll fall through *laugh*

Feel free to post your 2020 stories.

I'll catch you all near the end of 2021. Peace out.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I didn't catch COVID this year, but my ex-wife did. Fortunately nobody else in my family caught it. She's doing better now but still has lingering symptoms, months later.

I traveled twice this year. As a few of you know (and a couple even attended) I finally married Allison in July during a trip to Las Vegas. It was a surreal experience visiting the city for the first time during intermittent COVID closures but we still enjoyed the trip.

The second trip wasn't as positive, as my stepmother passed away in the spring and I flew to Rhode Island to attend the funeral.

Allison and I are still working. I'm in an "essential" job (retail) so never had an opportunity to work from home. Allison worked from home for a few weeks before her company gave up and brought everyone back into the office. We're trying to be as safe as possible.

A couple months ago, my 21-year-old son moved in with us, so we're adjusting to the new arrangement. And we're (hopefully) looking into buying a house late next year.

I miss playing in physical Star Trek tournaments and hope things will be safe enough that they can resume in 2021.

That's my year, in all its ups and downs.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation